Page 580 of 847 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630680 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

A PB of my regular route over Haterall Ridge by quite a big margin this morning before work :w00t:

On the old 26 ins Kona as well :w00t:

I hope I am not going to regret having shelled out the last of my savings on a Ti 29er :w00t:

Mind, I think the speed of the ride had something to do with the fact that I was about to be late for work, have recovered fully from my 24 hr race a few weeks ago and have done some speedwork on the road. Just need to try and better this time on the new bike once it is built! Hopefully next weekend! :thumbup:

Long one (6ish hours) on the 'angry' bike planned tomorrow, including a couple of serious carry sections. PPPCX training.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

What a fantastic ride we had today in the Brecon Beacons I left my Garmin on charge, so not sure how many miles we did, but 6 hours out and about in the sunshine, on the cross bikes, taking in carry sessions to the summits of Crybin and Pen-y-Fan, rest 95% rideable on a crosser! Well, by us
    Those Brecon Beacons are fab fab fab!

We outdid quite a few MTB-ers too, which was rewarding Training for PPPCX well and truely started.

Attachment 6255

Looks grand!
    2 sides today, 13km each, to and from a couple of hours running on bamford edge. Lovely day to be out.

Anyone on here had practical, first hand experience of the "Freeload" pannier racks from New Zealand, please?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Sorry Donkey, no

I am awaiting my new bike eagerly though, so I can make a template and have a frame bag made I already have one for under the handlebars...

Couple more pics of the bikes on Cribyn and Pen-y-fan with associated views

Attachment 6256Attachment 6257
    Last edited by Hanneke; 23-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Went for a pootle on the Colnago this afternoon and as I went round the rigt hander at the top of the steep climb into Grindleton there was a rider stopped on the other side of the road looking at the juntion to my left which heads over to Slaidburn. He was kitted out in full Sky kit which made me chuckle a little and as I went past I thought he would make a good lookalike for Wiggo. Later on this afternoon on the news I here Wiggo is actually back in the north west and has been out on his bike training!!!!!! It couldn't have been................................?????????

Sounds like a missed opportunity to sit on his wheel for a bit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Went for a pootle on the Colnago this afternoon and as I went round the rigt hander at the top of the steep climb into Grindleton there was a rider stopped on the other side of the road looking at the juntion to my left which heads over to Slaidburn. He was kitted out in full Sky kit which made me chuckle a little and as I went past I thought he would make a good lookalike for Wiggo. Later on this afternoon on the news I here Wiggo is actually back in the north west and has been out on his bike training!!!!!! It couldn't have been................................?????????

There was some pics a few weeks back of Cavendish training on Box Hill with his Rainbow jersey on. I wonder if anyone chuckled at him for having 'replica' kit as well??

In the BBC News interview, Wiggo reckoned that he had been out for just an hour and covered 20 miles. That would not allow even Wiggo to have made Grindleton from Eccleston.

I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Couple of hours getting totally dooked on the MTB yesterday, apparently it's sunny someplace!
    pies