Page 588 of 846 FirstFirst ... 88488538578586587588589590598638688 ... LastLast
Results 5,871 to 5,880 of 8454

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Couple of good efforts there Stagger and Mark. Need to get the crosser out and do some hard carrying uphill for 3ppp's cyclocross, won't be long now.

Good effort by mattp as well.
    Hills and Guinness!

Some good riding taking place guys

Strictly speaking todays ride, as I finished it at a minute past midnight today... Torq Exposure 12:12 female solo mtb race... Well, having been so close to a win all season, ending up on the 3rd step of the podium every MTB race I have done but Mountain Mayhem, I analysed where I was going wrong and though it was about time I stopped just riding around and enjoy it. I raced in stead, putting all this seasons expereince to date to good use... and won, by almost 2 laps in fact... so decided to sit in my pits for half an hour or so on my lats lap and pottered around, as I didn't think finishing well before midnight was a good idea as that meant putting in another lap... and a one lap plus large time gap lead was more than enough!

I hurt all over now though... hope I recover in time for the IOM Ened 2 End in a couple of weeks :w00t: Must say, I have had an ace MTB season so far. Two more races to come, end 2 end and the Bristol Bikefest, doing mixed pairs with my friend Brian... Then it is cross season and some fitness testing with, in my view, the best MTB race team in this country... as they seem to want to recruit me to their ranks, aged 48 :w00t: just as well they aren't ageist Excited doesn't describe it! Best thing I ever did, convert to mountain biking... am loving every minute I am on that bike... both racing and training.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

this with 2 mates on crossers

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/215695571

jiggered now

3hrs hacking about on the cross bike, bit wet out there today, thought I might need arm bands for a bit
    pies

I live in Bamford and every Thursday eve a road cycle club comes past our cottage at around 6pm then past again 2 or 3 hours later. They wear orange/White kit. Havnt managed to catch the club name yet. Lots of them, looks like a wide range of abilities. Men and women.
    Does anyone know who they are and contact details as I'd really like to join them if they will have me :-)

Matlock maybe? Norton wheelers are partial to orange too.
    pies

Fantastic result - well done. Hope Brian is going well - just seen the Torq 12:12 Mixed Pair results; they were a bit swift. Victory should ease those aches!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    I hurt all over now though... hope I recover in time for the IOM Ened 2 End in a couple of weeks :w00t: Must say, I have had an ace MTB season so far. Two more races to come, end 2 end and the Bristol Bikefest, doing mixed pairs with my friend Brian... Then it is cross season and some fitness testing with, in my view, the best MTB race team in this country... as they seem to want to recruit me to their ranks, aged 48 :w00t: just as well they aren't ageist Excited doesn't describe it! Best thing I ever did, convert to mountain biking... am loving every minute I am on that bike... both racing and training.

1hr 30m or so blatting around on the cross bike first thing, kit already sorted for tonights club run. I'm very good today :coollarge:
    pies

Banned

43k @ 24kph with 550m ascent
    One long gentle steady rise of 19k and 300m all into a head wind. (Sowerby bridge up to J22 M62)
    Good calorie burning effort on tired legs.
    Nice day to be out.

Just a quick 15 miles at lunchtime on the road with the CX bike. 17.9 ave