Page 590 of 847 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640690 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

A mere dart for 15km but did some sprints up the coast from tynemouth and really enjoyed it. Had to get back for a family do.

85 miles and a few thousand feet. Get in! New bike (PX carbon) fits well and flatters me nicely. Doubts about the compact setup were banished when I died a thousand deaths coming up the back of the Clwyds on a stinker of a climb 3/4 of the way round. If I'd had any lower gears I'd have clicked them

Saturday club run: 115km and 1,200m climbing in the Surrey / Kent hills @ 29kph
    Sunday recovery ride: 90km and 600m climbing @ 24.5 kph

Hour on the crosser off road Saturday, including a carry section. In fact, I mainly went out to carry the bike as I haven't done that at all really yet for 3 peaks. I am counting on my MTB race fitness to carry me through 3 peaks... But god, did riding the crosser off road hurt :w00t: it is suprising how quickly you get used to the comfort of fat tyres, flat bars and front suspension...

Another hour or so on the crosser on the road on Sunday, to and from 12 hr TT support of some clubmates in the morning, before work. They all did incredibly well. All but one were novices to this endurance cycling malarky. Especially Suzie needs a mention, who, before yesterday had never ridden for more than 5 hours!!!

My legs are still very heavy and unwilling after last weeks 12 hour. I hope I can drum them into shape this week for Sundays race...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

A steady 20 mile spin of the legs tonight, after yesterdays club ride. Was planning on resting but such a pleasant evening it would have been a shame to waste it!

A quick 16 miles with some club mates 555 feet @19.3 ave. Strong breeze tonight.

I did go out, but had to cut short as I ran out of light... Liberating a sheep stuck in a fence, a chat with fell runner Mike and giving directiosn to a lone female walker on Offa's Dyke path held me up somewhat. Nice ride though, even though the wooded singletrack was a bit hairrasing as I could not see anything anymore as it was dark under the trees!

PLanning a 100k ride with 2000m climbing tomorrow over various passes in north east wales, starting at home (near wrexham). Quite nervous as i;ve never cycled as far with as much climbing before. Feels like the night before my first ever Borrowdale race. Got the whole day and will be heading off early. A real test for me in my new guise as a would be cyclist. Will post some pics tomorrow as it looks like a stunning route (Llangollen, Worlds End, Ceiriog, the Shelf, Bwlch Penbarras). I;d be happy with anything under 6 hours in truth - esp if i dont get lost.

quite frisky chaingang with Twickenham CC out to Windsor Park and back.
    50km @ 37.5kph av speed

Mark, sounds like a good one! Only bit of advice: eat, eat and eat and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    PLanning a 100k ride with 2000m climbing tomorrow over various passes in north east wales, starting at home (near wrexham). Quite nervous as i;ve never cycled as far with as much climbing before. Feels like the night before my first ever Borrowdale race. Got the whole day and will be heading off early. A real test for me in my new guise as a would be cyclist. Will post some pics tomorrow as it looks like a stunning route (Llangollen, Worlds End, Ceiriog, the Shelf, Bwlch Penbarras). I;d be happy with anything under 6 hours in truth - esp if i dont get lost.