Page 593 of 846 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603643693 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Banned

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    I'd be interested to know: are there any cyclists out there who enter fell races on the strength of their cycling fitness alone? With little or no running. If so, what distance and how do you generally get on?
    I've been cycling 70k to 120k a week and only do the odd run (no more that 2 hill sessions per month) all the rest is cycling fitness or Bofra and short AS FRA races.

Fewer injuries and enjoying both.

Ok cheers both. I only ask as I had to give up off-road running cos of my back - was getting so much sciatic pain it wasn't funny.
    But I reckon I could get away with just the odd race here and there.

Singlespeed.
    Hills.
    Massive downpour.
    Brilliant!!

75km and 1300m ascent around Mold, Ruthin and Llandegla from Wrexham in 3.5 hours. Took it easy and loved it apart from 2 things: 1 - the torrential rain for the last third which, being mostly steep downhills, was a bit scary and 2 - getting clipped by a delivery van whilst climbing 'the shelf' out of Ruthin towards Llandegla. The wing mirror caught my elbow on a very tight and steep uphill bend and off i came. Veyr slow speed but no harm done. I was fuming (he didn't stop) and leapt on, didnt clip in properly (still getting used to it) and fell off again in a comedy manner which turned anger into laughter. I got on (properly) and pushed it up the Shelf and was amazed to record a 7th place on Strava (from 50 odd). Must have been the van induced adrenalin...

Food at the sublime OnePlanet and back home to Rossett in the piss wet. All in all, another learning experience on my early foray into road biking...

I should add that OnePLanet is a MTB place and it was very funny to rock up there and be the only cyclist not covered in sh1t! I got a few looks but it was worth it for their magnificent food.

Do you live in Rossett? I passed the turning tonight, driving from my friend in Mold back home to S Wales...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    75km and 1300m ascent around Mold, Ruthin and Llandegla from Wrexham in 3.5 hours. Took it easy and loved it apart from 2 things: 1 - the torrential rain for the last third which, being mostly steep downhills, was a bit scary and 2 - getting clipped by a delivery van whilst climbing 'the shelf' out of Ruthin towards Llandegla. The wing mirror caught my elbow on a very tight and steep uphill bend and off i came. Veyr slow speed but no harm done. I was fuming (he didn't stop) and leapt on, didnt clip in properly (still getting used to it) and fell off again in a comedy manner which turned anger into laughter. I got on (properly) and pushed it up the Shelf and was amazed to record a 7th place on Strava (from 50 odd). Must have been the van induced adrenalin...

Food at the sublime OnePlanet and back home to Rossett in the piss wet. All in all, another learning experience on my early foray into road biking...

I should add that OnePLanet is a MTB place and it was very funny to rock up there and be the only cyclist not covered in sh1t! I got a few looks but it was worth it for their magnificent food.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

I do indeed!

Maybe there is scope for a ride with cake stop next time I am up your way

I do indeed!

If you can cope with a novice, that would be cool. Novice at cycling, i'm brilliant at cake

I can cope with a novice, the cake is all that matters to me

Joking aside, I may race hard/fast, I train slow and am good at easy rides. Intrinsically lazy, me, even though you would not think it from the effort I put into racing

If you can cope with a novice, that would be cool. Novice at cycling, i'm brilliant at cake

Me and my mates doing 150km around the Staffordshire countryside this morning...... Well when I say "me"...