Page 594 of 847 FirstFirst ... 94494544584592593594595596604644694 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

42 miles 1547ft @19 mph ave, a chilly windy evening, autumn isn't far away.

Banned

Did work and back. 28k each way. 62mins there 76mins home 1200Ft going 1700ft returning.
    Autumn is here Rich.
    Lights on front and rear only getting light at 6.30am
    Long tights this morning and 3 top layers. Still frozen sill on all descents. Wet on way home.
    Still enjoyed it though. Long may it continue.

The hill climb on vintage bikes from my local pub, up the hill to work

It was great fun, like last year... only this time I used a 1972 Raleigh bike that had not been used for 20 years! It was in original condition, so I gingerly pumped the tyres up, not too hard... Didn't want to explode them!!! They were so brittle they crackled! Brakes weren't working, so riding downhill to get to the start was 'interesting' to say the least! The things you find in the barn at work

First lady and first vintage bike, that will do me I have now been offered an even older bike for the purpose of entering vintage races whoop
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Cool, pm me when you're around these parts

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    I can cope with a novice, the cake is all that matters to me

Joking aside, I may race hard/fast, I train slow and am good at easy rides. Intrinsically lazy, me, even though you would not think it from the effort I put into racing

A mighty 7 miles and 1200' feet. When I say cycling, I mean carrying
    Appointment in Yorkshire later this month. Yikes!

I have the same appointment and not exactly done much carrying yet... Fitness and off road bike handling skills have improved dramatically from MTB racing but I need to get some carrying in! :w00t:

Working long days all weekend, but maybe I can get out tonight, just carrying the bike up the hill behind my house and back...

Quote Originally Posted by idler View Post
    A mighty 7 miles and 1200' feet. When I say cycling, I mean carrying
    Appointment in Yorkshire later this month. Yikes!

A rare outing on the road bike today, not much time but squeezed in 16.5 miles averaging 15 mph. Not bad for me considering nearly 6 miles was the longest continuous uphill in England from mytholmroyd up through cragg vale into the wind. Rest was undulating with a nice long downhill back into Ripponden hitting 40mph, thoroughly enjoyed it:thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

24.7 miles 3973 ft 4hrs 5 mins PPP CX training in the Dales Ave speed 6MPH. Prob about 25% of it pushing shoving and carrying, after today I can say that the best type of bike for riding around the bridleways of the Dales has to be a full suss mountain bike the crosser had me in bits, hands numb from squeezing the brakes so hard in a vain attempt to slow the bloody thing down on the downhills, shoulder aching from carrying the bloody thing uphill.

Tea at the start and end in the 3 peaks cafe with toasted teacakes 1st then crumpets after, 1 tea and strawberry cream scone stop at the excellent Katie's teas in Halton Gill.

Highlight of the day was dumping the bike back in the car at Horton getting rid of the stiff shoes and running up and down Pen Y Ghent, bliss when you're not dragging a bloody bike around with you.

Not looking forward to the 30th now...

I am awaiting it with trepidation too...

Dislocating my right shoulder, where I carry the bike, a third time last week in the End 2 End MTB race hasn't helped :w00t:

I haven't dared try carry the bike and am starting to think, this close to the race, I am better off leaving that alltogether and count on my MTB fitness to get me through... PPPCX is obviously jinxed for me, because after my first time I have had a fractured ulna 1.5 weeks before the race... Tried racing with it but had to give up after Ingleborough. Last year I had to lend first aid and got set back by about half an hour and now I have a recent dislocated shoulder to contend with... GRRRRRRR

Tonight after work I will attempt a carry session... I have a flat front tyre, so it will be carry only as I don't have time to replace the tube...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich C View Post
    24.7 miles 3973 ft 4hrs 5 mins PPP CX training in the Dales Ave speed 6MPH. Prob about 25% of it pushing shoving and carrying, after today I can say that the best type of bike for riding around the bridleways of the Dales has to be a full suss mountain bike the crosser had me in bits, hands numb from squeezing the brakes so hard in a vain attempt to slow the bloody thing down on the downhills, shoulder aching from carrying the bloody thing uphill.

Tea at the start and end in the 3 peaks cafe with toasted teacakes 1st then crumpets after, 1 tea and strawberry cream scone stop at the excellent Katie's teas in Halton Gill.

Highlight of the day was dumping the bike back in the car at Horton getting rid of the stiff shoes and running up and down Pen Y Ghent, bliss when you're not dragging a bloody bike around with you.

Not looking forward to the 30th now...

That sounds sore Hanneke, could you possibly bodge something with an old inner tube over you head onto your good shoulder then hooking the pedal to carry it?

Have you looked at the Strathpuffer Hanneke it could be right up your street?
    http://strathpuffer.co.uk/strathpuff...rathpuffer.htm

Windy club road ride this morning 53 miles 639ft @ 19.2 ave.