Page 600 of 847 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610650700 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Just wondering if any member of this parish is entered for the RTTC National Hill Climb Championship on the 28th October at "The Rake", Ramsbottom / Holcombe, organised by the Lancashire Road Club.
    I'll probably go down to spectate; there's something idiosynchratically British about beasting it up a steep hill on fixed.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Three of us broke off from main Saturday morning group to ride 95km at a reasonably brisk pace (28kph, summat like that) through north Surrey and Kent. I had an extra 20km house to caff and back.
    Included a 20-min stop at Ide Hill to be interviewed by a nice lady from R5 Live ....
    Last edited by ZootHornRollo; 21-10-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Went out for a 101K ride up to Helwith bridge to watch some of the duathalon - cracking weather to be out and about. X1 banana was not enough fuel...............

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Went out for a 101K ride up to Helwith bridge to watch some of the duathalon - cracking weather to be out and about. X1 banana was not enough fuel...............
    Nice to see you again Ady. i think it was encouragement you were shouting. legs had completely gone by the second run. about time we saw you competing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    about time we saw you competing!!!!
    I'm working on it.............

Well done on your 1st duathalon.

A 50 odd mile ride out with a fellow Fell Pony to the outskirts of the Yorkshire Dales and then into and through the gloriously autumnal Ribble Valley from Tosside through Slaidburn, Dunsop, Whitewell, Bashall & Mitton. Forgot how undulating the section from Forest Becks to Tosside was on the back lane but there's not many flat rides in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    A 50 odd mile ride out with a fellow Fell Pony to the outskirts of the Yorkshire Dales and then into and through the gloriously autumnal Ribble Valley from Tosside through Slaidburn, Dunsop, Whitewell, Bashall & Mitton. Forgot how undulating the section from Forest Becks to Tosside was on the back lane but there's not many flat rides in this area.
    I am said Fell Pony and now my bottom hurts!
    Going to try again....

Club duathlon, my first. Loved the bike bit, averaged 31 kph and felt weird riding a bike competitively. I think I prefer the exploration element of cycling than the racing bit, but great fun all round.

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Just wondering if any member of this parish is entered for the RTTC National Hill Climb Championship on the 28th October at "The Rake", Ramsbottom / Holcombe, organised by the Lancashire Road Club.
    I'll probably go down to spectate; there's something idiosynchratically British about beasting it up a steep hill on fixed.
    30 years since i rode the national hill climb. think it was in Bath in 1982, was also entered in the 1983 one but went to the Bristol beer festival the night before and the rest is a blur

Another section of the Pennine BridleWay ridden on the 'cross bikes, in the company of a young lady of this parish. N from Long Preston, via Green Gate Lane and Edge Lane to join the Settle Loop at Lambert Lane. A/C around the Settle Loop, climbing out of Settle via Mitchell Lane then Edge Lane and Green Gate Lane to Long Preston. S on the PBW, from Long Preston to where the PBW crosses the A682 S of Gisburn. Returned to Long Preston via Gisburn, Mill Lane, Carter's Lane, Hellifield Road, Dunhazzles, Pikeber and B6478. A glorious day, managed to cover more ground than we had intended.

Ian.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!