Page 607 of 846 FirstFirst ... 107507557597605606607608609617657707 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Re: Todays Bike Ride

lots of spin intervals training last week and a nice gentle 90k recovery roll around Surrey yesterday
    tapering down a bit for race next Sat: one more intervals sesh as hard as I can tomorrow evening then just keep the legs turning over after that.
    Happily,next Saturday also marks the end of my January booze-embargo - looking forward to that post-race pint a great deal...
    Last edited by ZootHornRollo; 27-01-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Woohoo! I am allowed back on the bike for now and managed to get 4 decent rides in this week

Cross ride on Wednesday, about an hour
    MTB ride Thursday, about 2 hours
    MTB ride yesterday, 2.5 hours
    Road ride today: 3 hours

Absolutely bloody brilliant! The cross ride was in the snow while it was actually snowing. The Thursday MTB ride was awesomely beautiful. Escaped work for a couple of hours in the middle of the day in the sun One trail was knee deep in snow, so I had to push the bike, but totally fab, pristine snow, no-one had been there
    Yesterdays ride included some pushing and some carrying of the bike as well, as snow had driften up over knee deep... It snowed on the top, but was sunny further down.
    Today all the snow has gone and roads and rivers are flooded and it was nice and sunny. The river Usk looks like the Okavango Delta though and has made a lot of roads impassible!

Great to be back riding and just in time for training camp in Majorca next week whoop I hope I can still catch up on 6 weeks of missed base mileage building...
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Nothing massive for me today, but a nice 10km, mostly uphill, to get to tigger tor race, followed by about 13 km coming home the scenic route (via a nice pint and some sticky toffee pudding!).

Not really much of a ride but riding to and from a race always leaves me happy and tired

A good warmup and cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Nothing massive for me today, but a nice 10km, mostly uphill, to get to tigger tor race, followed by about 13 km coming home the scenic route (via a nice pint and some sticky toffee pudding!).

Not really much of a ride but riding to and from a race always leaves me happy and tired

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

A sneaky 50 or so miles in the.......wait for it....... SUN

http://app.strava.com/activities/39355310

:thumbup:
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

I did about 80 kms... three hours out on the road, but it rained for the last hour. Got very cold and wet

10 miles on the road bike. Guy overtook me and said "nice wheels". Sigh, gone are the days of "nice arse" :-(

Road race on Saturday at Hillingdon cycle track: came in towards the front of a 40-man pack - about 12th or 15th or summat.
    Had loads left in the tank just couldn't get near the front in the closing 2-3 laps - it's so tight round there and some of the handling very jumpy ....
    36km @ av speed of 38.5kph.

saturday good run over leg 3 with reccee crew pulled hamstring at the bottom bowfell ,said sod it on sunday and did catbells and back via dalehead ,hinscarth,robinson with ferocious wind and ice conditions, this morning 20 mile bike along coast roker to south shields very open and very windy well from saturday i am now trotting and cycling what the hell gives you a feeling of a dead leg only when running in the hamstring area?

A quick heads-up for anyone needing Shimano components. Ribble Cycles are holding their biggest ever Shimano sale, upto 75% off RRP on some items, until 21/02/2013. Just google their website.

Ian.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!