Page 608 of 847 FirstFirst ... 108508558598606607608609610618658708 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Banned

Re: Todays Bike Ride

25k with 350m ascent in 61 minutes and cracking sunshine.
    What a lovely morning to be out.

Zoot, are you about?

I am in London for work this week and have managed to sub-let the gallery on Friday for a photo shoot, so now have an impromptu day off... would like to do a long ride and was wondering if you can help with a sensible route out of London? I am not staying in Brixton this time, but in Notting Hill and I don't want to be doing laps of Richmond Park for 4 hours... Any ideas?
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Well, I fished a GPS route off 't internet and rode out to Windsor via a scenic route... it was still very urban and busy with cars, but not as bad as central and west London and better than riding around RP for hours! 120 odd kms and 4.5 hours of riding in the freezing cold, biting wind and snow flurries... Had coffee and cake to warm up in Windsor... was a bit slow, but the course I set in my Garmin didn't allow me to turn it off while I was sight seeing in Windsor... i.e. pottering around on the bike aimlessly looking at the castle and being told off by a policeman/security guard for loitering with intent :w00t: I told him I loved my bike too much to rig it with a bomb, he didn't think it was funny... But I didn't have a lock on me and was on carbon soled road shoes, so could not walk... Cake was good though

Cracking 60 miler with the CTC Thursday Riders, yesterday (Thursday). The bright, dry conditions and good forecast induced me to leave the old 'crosser at home and get out the Ti Sportive bike. Rode to the meet at Crook o' Lune, N bank of the river through Aughton & Gressingham, across Loyn Bridge, Melling, Wennington and up Ravenclose to Ingleton (Inglesports Cafe) for coffee. Left the windproof off and was thoroughly comfortable in merino base-layer and l/s cycling jersey; to Ribblehead, H-i-R, Helwith Bridge, over by Wharfe to Austwick then Clapham for lunch. Stunning, clear, distant views on the circuit of Ingleborough. Home via Clapham Station, Keasden, Mewith Lane, Wray, A683 and the riverside path (disused railway) into Lancaster. Best Thursday this year, to press.

Ian Roberts, Bowland FR.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Banned

Good effort Ian, I'm green with envy, sounds a great route.
    Well done Sir.

I am even greener with envy! Temperatures barely above zero hereb during the day with a biting wind. Snow still lingering on the hills. I managed to get out for a measly 1hr50minutes today, only ride of the week. Work and total lack of motivation getting in the way. I find it very hard to go out when you come home between 7 and 8 pm, cold, tired, hungry... somehow the idea of getting into cycling kit and going out there doesn't appeal...

Finding it terribly hard and barely manage up to two hours. I want it to be spring! I cannot remember when I last felt warm...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    I cannot remember when I last felt warm...
    Eh?? Thought you were riding across a beach in Majorca 2 weeks ago!!!! :sneaky:

It's the joys of early retirement. When I was given the option of an "early bath", I had 38 years & 9 months on the company pension scheme, out of a potential 40 years. I worried a bit, that I would have liked another 12 months to just "put the cherry on the cake". But 2 years on and I've adjusted pretty well, really enjoying it.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

It was a beach, it was Majorca, it was the 4th of February, hardly warm...

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Eh?? Thought you were riding across a beach in Majorca 2 weeks ago!!!! :sneaky:

Best to retire when you can fully enjoy it I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    It's the joys of early retirement. When I was given the option of an "early bath", I had 38 years & 9 months on the company pension scheme, out of a potential 40 years. I worried a bit, that I would have liked another 12 months to just "put the cherry on the cake". But 2 years on and I've adjusted pretty well, really enjoying it.