Page 609 of 848 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619659709 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 8474

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Re: Todays Bike Ride

Is it worth someone - not me cos I'm a proper doofus with computers - setting up a Fellrunning Cycling section on Strava so we can check out each others routes?

Just putting it out there like...................
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner View Post
    Is it worth someone - not me cos I'm a proper doofus with computers - setting up a Fellrunning Cycling section on Strava so we can check out each others routes?

It would probably mean that I'd have to buy a load of techie kit ( Garmin / sat-nav / fancy 'phone that isn't a phone etc? ). I'm billy-bog basic when it comes to IT.
    Also, there was a post on one of the threads about ne'er-do-wells using Strava logs to locate the homes of riders with top-end bikes ( it's inevitable on something with bragging rights like Strava, that you will eulogise about what you're riding ) and helping themselves to the goods.
    I guess if I did get into Strava, all my ride logs would start and finish at Lancaster Police Station, or Lancaster Farms Young Offenders Institute?

Ian.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner View Post

If you're in the FRA forum club on Strava, then you should be able to see anyone's bike routes, but they're mixed in with the running ones. I'll see if i can make there a way to sort them...

Nah, don't bother, us cyclists don't use it

I managed a good 4 hours on the MTB today. Sun was shining but it was still barely above freezing in the lower area's and lots of ice and snow still on the top, and felt around freezing when standing still, but f-ing freezing when descending Took one of my 3 layers of merino baselayers off, still wearing winter sofshell and winter tights though! Spring is no-where near yet, but it was a lovely boggy, icey ride. Great to be back on the 29er, after several months of not being able to ride it

I am very unfit though Not sure I am up to next weeks first event of the season, may well have to skip it
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Hanneke View Post
    Nah, don't bother, us cyclists don't use it

I managed a good 4 hours on the MTB today. Sun was shining but it was still barely above freezing in the lower area's and lots of ice and snow still on the top, and felt around freezing when standing still, but f-ing freezing when descending Took one of my 3 layers of merino baselayers off, still wearing winter sofshell and winter tights though! Spring is no-where near yet, but it was a lovely boggy, icey ride. Great to be back on the 29er, after several months of not being able to ride it

I am very unfit though Not sure I am up to next weeks first event of the season, may well have to skip it
    Well done Hann. It can take a lot to "get out there" when conditions are not inspiring. You'd think that years of pushing yourself out of the door, regardless of conditions, would make it easier with the passing years but it doesn't. Looking at mates in Bowland FR and in the CTC group; I'm developing a theory that jetting of for a spot of winter sun in the Med, or where-ever, can actually soften one up and undermine one's resolve to face up to the British winter? To Be Discussed?
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

I went to Majorca a couple of weeks back, for a week... But as that was also the first week I was allowed back on the bike, I didn't get as much out of it as I would otherwise have done...

It was still cold, even there, but not as cold as here... I don't know if it softens one up.

I am just finding it hard having to start from scratch again while I was going so well last year. I had hoped for a good winter of base building for a great season of endurance racing. In stead, I am starting from scratch! It took me the whole of last season to get to a fit state to win 12 hour races, so not looking forward to having to start from scratch again. I think that and the cold is what I am struggling with right now...

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    Well done Hann. It can take a lot to "get out there" when conditions are not inspiring. You'd think that years of pushing yourself out of the door, regardless of conditions, would make it easier with the passing years but it doesn't. Looking at mates in Bowland FR and in the CTC group; I'm developing a theory that jetting of for a spot of winter sun in the Med, or where-ever, can actually soften one up and undermine one's resolve to face up to the British winter? To Be Discussed?
    Last edited by Hanneke; 03-03-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    “the cause of my pain, was the cause of my cure” Rumi

Can't believe that this thread had slipped to page 4 during the past 4 weeks.
    Apart from 3rd January ( still recovering from the "blood alert" head wound ) I've managed all the other CTC Thursday rides so far this year, plus all the Tuesday morning rides since late January.
    Some days it's been 3 layers of thermal wear plus the windproof, padded tights over padded under-shorts, ME "Alpine" mountaineering gloves and a buff under the helmet.
    Point of this post is that yesterday, despite riding between roadside banks of snow, from the weekend, that were above head-height, we managed 58 miles (without any backtracking or route duplication) yet we were never more than 10 miles from Lancaster town hall. All on beautifully dry, clear roads with warm sunshine despite the sharp wind.

Banned

Hour and a half on mountain bike. Lots of snow on trails and been over the bars while trying to blast through a drift. Landed in a lump in the snow and burst out laughing.

Think I have damaged my meniscus in the knee so I will be doing loads more cycling. Gutted because I thought I was just getting fit and down to a good racing weight.
    Last edited by Stagger; 30-03-2013 at 04:36 PM.

A tough 50 mile around the Peaks District.. Some interesting moments hitting snow at some speed.

Really enjoying the bike at the moment hope these cycling miles can produce some good running performances.

did Tour D'Ingleborough today on the mountain bike. 28 miles and only fell off 3 times though did crack my knee.
    going out with Kent Valley Road Club tomorrow for a 40 mile memorial road ride (Derek Tunstall ride) to the top of Kentmere (if the knee has not seized up)