Page 612 of 847 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662712 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 8461

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Banned

Re: Today's Bike Ride

Just done my 25k time trial in 57.12 minutes. Pleased with that has there is 400m of climb in it and all was into the breeze this morning. Any time my average is above 25kph in the pennines its been a good effort.
    Nice morning too.
    Off for a long dog walk on the fells now.

Today I made it clear from the off to MrRTS that I was Contador. "I'v took two parecetamol for this bloody cold and I don't care how many times you flick out your elbow, I not taking a turn at the front". So on this understanding we left home for a good 22 miles with 640mtrs of assent. Really good ride with 4 cat four climbs and a cat 3. Would of been even better if someone hadn't stuck Winnets Pass in (I got to the first yellow bin before I died). MrRTS had grown a beard by the time I got up the top, taking to a guy who had just ridden up it for his 65th birthday!
    The finish was a sprint for home in the last 100mtrs and I won. I didn't tell him it was a sprint finish but a win is a win :-)

Did my first Sportive yesterday, the Bay Dash from Lancaster. It was 110km and 1100 metres ascent of wet and wind (a magic headwind that knew to change when we headed back towards home) and despite the 100km around Cheshire the day before, i felt ok. Actually that's not true, i felt ok until the last 10 miles and then the world and his wife came by and i was wiped out and sick of everything ever.

Enjoyed this foray into cycling proper and plan on doing a few more in the build up to a solo go at the Fred Whitton in late June. Next up after a few local long rides is the Keswick Sportive in May. I think nothing the day before might help.

Banned

I fancy doing a 10m TT.
    So I have just done a 12.25m effort with 775ft ascent.
    Av speed was 17.6 mph
    I need to improve cadence and body position, Oh and effort, plus lose a bit of weight.
    So onwards and upwards

32 miles - enjoyable ice cream at halfway. Not so enjoyable getting cramp in my quads on the way back! :w00t:

160 km from Newcastle to Berwick. Stunning scenery and reasonable weather. Up visiting the inlaws who happen to inhabit this very underrated part of the world. Craster kippers halfway were brilliant!

A BIG HEADS UP for a couple of bikes that were stolen today from a Bowland member who lives in the Ilkley area.

A Pinnacle Arrow 1 x 9 MTB, white aluminium, black carbon seat stays, solid carbon stanchion forks & disc brakes. Absolutely immaculate - I was riding it myself at the AW / TWA.

An Odessa aluminium fixie ( no transfers or graphics ) in bright orange with black carbon forks, black semi-riser MTB bars and purple anodised rims.

The owner is offering a £100 reward for information that leads to the return of these bikes, please.

The way these scum work, usually close to home, the bikes will probably be offered for sale in the Ilkley area.

Regards, Ian

Last edited by wheezing donkey; 11-06-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    A BIG HEADS UP for a couple of bikes that were stolen today from a Bowland member who lives in the Ilkley area.

A Pinnacle Arrow 1 x 9 MTB, white aluminium, black carbon seat stays, solid carbon stanchion forks & disc brakes. Absolutely immaculate - I was riding it myself at the AW / TWA.

An Odessa aluminium fixie ( no transfers or graphics ) in bright orange with black carbon forks, black semi-riser MTB bars and purple anodised rims.

The owner is offering a £100 reward for information that leads to the return of these bikes, please.

The way these scum work, usually close to home, the bikes will probably be offered for sale in the Ilkley area.

Regards, Ian
    Thieving tw*ts. I'll forward this to a mate who works at Stif Cycles at Summerbridge, also to Harrogate Nova, Harrogate Tri, NYP Tri and the Cappucino Cycling group. The news will travel.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Thieving tw*ts. I'll forward this to a mate who works at Stif Cycles at Summerbridge, also to Harrogate Nova, Harrogate Tri, NYP Tri and the Cappucino Cycling group. The news will travel.
    Cheers Martyn.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

20 mile ride to a club 6.5 mile road race, managed to finish3rd on tried legs after racing the Duirsdeer Hill race on Saturday, then20 mile ride home, the legs were wilting a bit in the last 10 miles. :thunbdown:

ATB
    Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/