Page 630 of 847 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632640680730 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Every cloud has a silver lining I guess.
    pies

not only that but while waiting for new one got another 10 to choose from it helps having teenagers sometimes

Banned
    Been round my timed loop. 25k with 400m just clocked 57mins and in a shower too.
    Good to be back on the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Been round my timed loop. 25k with 400m just clocked 57mins and in a shower too.
    Good to be back on the bike.
    No Trev, you're on imperial time there, you need metric timing to go with your funny metric distance and elevation units. So that's 79 metric minutes it took you mate, it's only a simple calculation i don't know what all the fuss would be about if we switched tommorrow.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Anyone know what type of bearings are in a Dura Ace BB-7410?...as in can they be changed without changing the whole bottom bracket? Mine is starting to creak a bit.

It would appear that you can dismantle .... unlike most "sealed" bb's ..... Google "dura ace 7410 bottom bracket" and look at the velobase blogspot images ..... 3rd option down.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Anyone know what type of bearings are in a Dura Ace BB-7410?...as in can they be changed without changing the whole bottom bracket? Mine is starting to creak a bit.
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 12-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Well, yesterday's regular "Thursday Ride" was a real wet one. The only equivalent this year was riding up to the bunkhouse in Hardraw prior to the TdF.
    Called in at Bridge House Farm Tearooms for some lunch. Although they haven't yet got around to firing-up the woodburners, Karen took pity on us and put our wet gear in the boiler room whilst we partook of the excellent homemade soup and home baked bread.
    It was so wet that all 6 participants headed straight for home, after lunch. Only 40 miles or so instead of the usual 60.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Here's a good one. The Alan has a 6spd Uniglide cassette on an HF-6207 Shimano 600 freewheel- the one that comes off with a tool with 2 tabs on the end. Will an HF-6208 freewheel and cassette fit on the same hub? 6208 takes a circular splined park tool freewheel remover. Wheezing Donkey i'm looking in your direction
    Got my answer, it will fit but there are differences.

The 6208's sprockets are bunched up 2-3mm more closely than the 6207, but will still run off a 6spd wide chain- an HG narrow 7.2mm would be far too narrow. The 6207 was a dog to get off, i had to clamp the tool onto the freewheel using the QR skewer. The derailleur lower limit screw is going to have to be backed up to account for the 2-3mm less travel than before it looks like, and there is a small difference in depth on the ISO threading round the back with the 6207 being deeper.

If you look at the 6208's sprockets you can see that each one has a half height tooth to facilitate a gear change, something the 6207 does not feature.

4-5hrs from Dunkeld yesterday, great day out and a good blether on the bike. Super wet trails though, not seen this much water this year on the hill.

Bit concerned for my friend as it looks like he's just contracted Lymes.
    pies

Little 10 mile stretcher on the fixed gear with a near death experience thrown in as a car, overtaking a lorry, missed me by about 6 or 8" whilst doing about 60+ on my side of the road. Luckily, or not, I hadn't seen him heading towards me as I'd been distracted slightly by some activity in a field!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com