Page 649 of 846 FirstFirst ... 149549599639647648649650651659699749 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Banned
    Done this route again but in reverse.
    Surprisingly the views appeared totally different.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    In North Wales supporting friends doing a trail race yesterday. Threw the bike in the van at the last minute as I thought I could fit in a cheeky couple of hours this morning. So glad I did - managed 45km out and back from Betws-y-coed along the Conwy valley. A glorious, sunny, autumn morning after the early downpours. Tackled the climb of Bwlch-y-ddeufaen from Tal-y-bont up to the Roman road on the Carneddau. A tough start but after the initial steepness, some fantastic scenery and perfect cycling territory. Could have done with disk brakes for the descent down through Rowen - steep with very wet narrow roads; a bit nerve wracking at times. Made it back to Betws just before the next deluge hit. A perfect way to top off a most enjoyable weekend.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Just over three hours out on the bike this afternoon, wandering around South Nottinghamshire in glorious sunshine fading into darkness.

Although I am on a touring bike (27 x 1 1/4 wheels), I rarely seem to ride for this long without going off-road somewhere. Wossock Lane onto the West Leake Hills was a known quantity, although my tyres didn't have enough grip on the wet grass on the steep climb so I had to get off and walk. But then in Gotham I decided to explore Moor Lane (I don't plan my bike rides before setting off, apart from a vague notion of which direction I'm going). Tarmac lane, turning into gravel track, then footpath alongside the Great Central Railway, but all very firm despite the recent heavy rain, and only two stiles to lift the bike over in nearly three miles between Gotham and Ruddington.

Back via the steep climb over Windmill Hill into Wysall, one of the 32 "thankful villages".
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Well done Anthony; just as it should be, a good mix of on & off road exploration as you come across it 'on sight'.
    We have a couple of "thankful villages" up this way - Nether Kellet (alongside the M6) and Arkholme ( in the Lune Valley ).
    No need for a war memorial, because in both world wars all the lads that went off to the conflict all came safely home.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

50 km loop around North Worcestershire taking in a few hills. Not feeling great but spent yesterday setting up the new road bike and couldn't resist. Great to have disk brakes on the roadie and the ride was very comfortable. Power transfer a noticeable huge improvement and overall very, very impressed with the bike. I even like the saddle that came with it which is a first. Can't wait to take it out on a long ride around the Shropshire hills but that may have to wait for warmer weather.

Left work for my commute home through the wind and rain, head down and trying to get back as quickly as possible whilst avoiding all the storm debris on the road.
    Got home and realised my pannier (containing my wallet, phone etc.) had fallen off somewhere along the way.
    Retraced my steps and then again but no signs of it. Got home again a good hour later and set about cancelling cards, phone etc. Used Google account to leave message on phone as it was still alive and a few minutes later, had a phone call from a good samaritan who had picked it up out of the road. Wouldn't take any money off me bit I insisted and we agreed our local homeless guy who spends his life cleaning our streets and picking up the litter could do with a good meal.
    There are still some good people out there, folks.

Swallowed my first fly of 2019 today!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    While riding yer bike I hope😂

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    While riding yer bike I hope😂
    Yes I was but it didn't quite make it to The Best Meal of the Year thread!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Super Moderator
    One swallow does not a summer make . . .