Page 651 of 846 FirstFirst ... 151551601641649650651652653661701751 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Super Moderator
    Good effort Ian. How was the coffee shop?

Been to GP today after 6 weeks of blocked ear (eustachian tube), he put me on a steroidal nasal spray.
    What I want to know is, will I go faster when I get back on my bike and will I fail a drug test?

Ha! Everyone knows you and bikes are like oil and water!

Hope your stuck tube unsticks!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Good effort Ian. How was the coffee shop?
    Andrew, The Potting Shed Coffee Shop at Bay View Garden Centre, Bolton-le-Sands is always excellent. Great view out on to the foreshore of Morecambe Bay. For a "twitcher" like you, your coffee would go cold as you would be engrossed with your binos.
    All The Best, Ian.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post

Hope your stuck tube unsticks!
    Indeed, all the best Matt.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Being the last Tuesday of the month, this morning's coffee shop ride was to Bay View at Bolton-le-Sands; absolutely terrific, full-on spring sunshine; 'twas lovely in just shorts, base-layer and winter cycling shirt for 20+ miles on the old fixie.
    Just great to be alive.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Same here for my commute home today. Shorts, thin jersey and fingerless mits. Even made it home before sunset.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Short but steep ride around Charnwood Forest. In under 4 miles from Woodhouse Eaves to Markfield there is about 750ft of climbing and 450ft of descent. Bright but windy weather, with one hail shower to add interest.

Stopped for a walk to the top of the Altar Stones, and was gobsmacked by the view. Eventually concluded that the two prominent but distant hills on the WSW horizon, with another ridge a bit further to the right, must be the Clee Hills and the Wrekin; although I was a bit puzzled as to why the Clent Hills and the high ground of the Black Country weren't more obvious.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Short but steep ride around Charnwood Forest. In under 4 miles from Woodhouse Eaves to Markfield there is about 750ft of climbing and 450ft of descent. Bright but windy weather, with one hail shower to add interest.

Stopped for a walk to the top of the Altar Stones, and was gobsmacked by the view. Eventually concluded that the two prominent but distant hills on the WSW horizon, with another ridge a bit further to the right, must be the Clee Hills and the Wrekin; although I was a bitpuzzled as to why the Clent Hills and the high ground of the Black Country weren't more obvious.
    You must have had a very clear view (and great eyesight!)
    I would imagine that the high ground of NE and W Birmingham would obscure the Clent Hills. They're not that obvious unless you have a clear view from S to W Brum. High ground of the Black Country, Dudley, Rowley Regis etc are pretty prominent though and would be in the foreground of the clees.

Today's cycle commute along the canal saw the start of angry goose season. 2 or 3 miles of Canadian roulette for the next couple of months. At least it is light again in the morning and evening..... 🙄
    Last edited by PeteS; 18-03-2019 at 09:23 PM.