Page 656 of 657 FirstFirst ... 156556606646654655656657 LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 6565

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

  1. #6551
    Master molehill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rhandirmwyn
    Posts
    3,114
    Yes, it is worrying that I am quite enjoying it, mainly that I can go out peddling up and down hills for hours and the following morning not have every joint in my legs aching, tired but not the hammering. Which running does.
    Still don't like the faff of bikes and listening to a pair of cyclists talk bikes is a cure for insomnia.

  2. #6552
    Master Wheeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Monmouth
    Posts
    6,571
    Agree. Means to an end not an excuse for reverence!

  3. #6553
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Posts
    1,058
    The road over Mynydd Epynt from Brecon to Garth. Very slowly, with plenty of time to admire the views. If I had a cycling bucket list, this road would probably have been on it.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

  4. #6554
    Riva del Garda to Santa Barbara and back, 45km, one hill, 1300m elevation gain.
    I loved every single second of it.

  5. #6555
    Master JohnK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,552
    Here you go an end of season outing :-

    https://www.cyclinguk.org/current-ca...at-north-trail

    Looks interesting to me in fact it would make an interesting outing on foot as well
    The older I get the Faster I was

  6. #6556
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Here you go an end of season outing :-

    https://www.cyclinguk.org/current-ca...at-north-trail

    Looks interesting to me in fact it would make an interesting outing on foot as well
    Its great that cycling is being taken more seriously by the authority's but they are they are telling a few porkies by calling it "A long distance off road trail".
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  7. #6557
    Master JohnK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Its great that cycling is being taken more seriously by the authority's but they are they are telling a few porkies by calling it "A long distance off road trail".
    I don`t think they are misleading anybody as they clearly point out that the route is not perfect and is still evolving and that in places it has to resort to quiet roads (16 miles road I think which ain`t that bad over on a route of 800 miles) pretty much the same as Snowdon marathon is neither a road or trail marathon and is in fact all the better for it

    Didn`know that cycling UK or the CTC was an authority in fact I thougt it was a charity ah well you live and learn I guess
    Last edited by JohnK; 04-09-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

  8. #6558
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I don`t think they are misleading anybody as they clearly point out that the route is not perfect and is still evolving and that in places it has to resort to quiet roads (16 miles road I think which ain`t that bad over on a route of 800 miles) pretty much the same as Snowdon marathon is neither a road or trail marathon and is in fact all the better for it

    Didn`know that cycling UK or the CTC was an authority in fact I thougt it was a charity ah well you live and learn I guess
    They may well be charity's and I am happy to be corrected but the "off road" claim is not true. I would also be surprised if there was no local authority involvement in the project, which as I said earlier think a great idea. But why sell it as something it is not?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  9. #6559
    Master PeteS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mostly Worcestershire
    Posts
    1,312
    Its that awkward season again. Mudguards and CX tyres have gone on the my commuting bike. This morning's commute saw lights, winter gloves and thick jacket on (as hands frozen solid yesterday!) This afternoon sees a hot, dry, sunny ride home in a short sleeved jersey, track mitts and shorts. Still, I saviour the fact that this ride is still light and pleasantly warm as the onset of dreaded winter riding is not that far off.
    Going downhill fast

  10. #6560
    Master PeteS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mostly Worcestershire
    Posts
    1,312
    Full on Winter commute mode today. Very cold
    Going downhill fast

Similar Threads

  1. Overnight road bike ride
    By fishbulb in forum Training
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22-09-2019, 03:52 PM
  2. first ride on the road bike:-(
    By SEFTON in forum Training
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-01-2011, 08:28 PM
  3. so you think you ride a bike
    By IanDarkpeak in forum General chat!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 11:28 PM
  4. Anyone fancy a bike ride?
    By JeffM in forum Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-05-2009, 01:41 PM
  5. Easter Lakes Bike ride.
    By Al Fowler in forum General chat!
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •