Page 663 of 847 FirstFirst ... 163563613653661662663664665673713763 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 8464

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Somewhat unusual route for my bike ride this morning.

Southwards, much of it off-road, sneaking into Leicester by a bridleway into the Beaumont Leys housing estate. Came across the Walkers Crisps factory, then continued into the city centre after a stop to look at the site of Leicester Abbey. Experienced the weirdness of the city centre almost deserted on a Saturday morning, with the big High Cross shopping centre and most other shops closed; although there were some people in the market area, with a few stalls open on the market.

Continued southward, past the rather impressive stadium where Leicester Tigers were not playing rugby. Then looped round to the east of the city centre, mostly on minor roads; no route planned, just following my instincts to go in roughly the right direction, through residential and industrial areas, and eventually back out to the countryside to Barkby Thorpe and back home. The urban exploration was interesting, but I still prefer the countryside.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Just popped out for an hour this morning but conditions were so good that I couldn't resist an extension to my planned route. Ended up being out for nearly 3 hours, a lovely 67km circuit of the north Worcestershire hills with just over 1000m ascent. Lovely stuff.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Similar ride to last weekend but went and targeted a couple of hills I wimped out of last time including the delights of Winwood Heath Rd. 1km at an average of 10‰ with ramps of 20‰ - 5 minutes of pain.
    Strangely saw 3 separate tandems out today all ridden by what looked like husband and wife. One was semi-recumbant - quite an odd looking contraption.

Total of 68km and 1200m. 2hrs 50.

Banned
    13k to work, 366 emails dealt with and 13k home.
    Lovely morning 😅🤣😂

Banned
    What a perfect day to be out on a bicycle.

Set off to do Garforth, Towton, Tadcaster and back.

Extended it a bit coming back by going to Ulleskelf, Cawood, Sherburn in Elmet, Newthorpe and home via Kippax.

Just great to be out 60k with 800m was a lovely potter around undiscovered Yorkshire.

Banned
    After a journey to work on the bike this morning (allowed in for 2hrs) my 13k was covered at an average pace of 29.8kph.

Spending my time on emails and smiling at my efforts I hadn't thought about the return journey.

What a kick in the pants. Tough head wind which lead to a return average of 23.5kph

Enjoyable though and really pleased for my double effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    After a journey to work on the bike this morning (allowed in for 2hrs) my 13k was covered at an average pace of 29.8kph.

Spending my time on emails and smiling at my efforts I hadn't thought about the return journey.

What a kick in the pants. Tough head wind which lead to a return average of 23.5kph

Enjoyable though and really pleased for my double effort.
    Not too shabby Stagger.

I am surprised that a man of your vintage is not operating in miles though!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Banned
    Not my choice.

Samsung phone.

Used to be a miles & feet man with Garmin but that has died.

So now use gaps on phone.

Plus k makes it look a tad further 🤣😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Not my choice.

Samsung phone.

Used to be a miles & feet man with Garmin but that has died.

So now use gaps on phone.

Plus k makes it look a tad further ������
    HaHa. I know a few people who record their run/cycle in kilometers for that reason.

Not that I do marathons but there is a trend for people to refer to their marathon as a 42k run.

What is wrong with miles?

PS. You could probably ask a young person to change your phone to miles and feet if you explained to them what they were first!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Our neighbour and a very good friend were moving sheep this afternoon, on the road outside the village. A cyclist came down the hill fast into some bends and hit Queen the sheepdog and ploughed into the sheep.

He was unconscious and air ambulance job, talk about him doing an unofficial time trial, don't know but police took away his bike computer as evidence.

The lesson being, it's a bad time to take risks, whatever our sport. Queen the dog seems ok but took them an hour to find her, all very shaken up by the accident. No news yet of the cyclist but from a neighbouring village.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.