Page 713 of 846 FirstFirst ... 213613663703711712713714715723763813 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    On your recent photo you didn't appear to have any eye protection, which I would recommend. On decent downhill stretches you can easily exceed 40 mph, and if you get a fly, (or worse still a small piece of grit from an oncoming car), hit you in the eye it will hurt at the very least.

You don't have to get cycling glasses, just clear safety glasses that look and perform just the same but cost a third of the price. The last pair I bought came from Screwfix; you may well have a pair already in your shed/garage/workshop/spare room
    I couldn't agree more Marco. I wear a pair of Viking, the lawnmower arm of Stihl, glasses which have snazzy green frames and a sunglass type safety lens.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    ... I shall be mistaken for a team Sky rider ��.
    Ah. So you take performance enhancing drugs?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 20-02-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    On your recent photo you didn't appear to have any eye protection, which I would recommend. On decent downhill stretches you can easily exceed 40 mph, and if you get a fly, (or worse still a small piece of grit from an oncoming car), hit you in the eye it will hurt at the very least.

You don't have to get cycling glasses, just clear safety glasses that look and perform just the same but cost a third of the price. The last pair I bought came from Screwfix; you may well have a pair already in your shed/garage/workshop/spare room
    I’ve some quite snazzy sunglasses but, living in the Dales, I’m guessing for the most part I’ll be biking in the rain. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I’ve some quite snazzy sunglasses but, living in the Dales, I’m guessing for the most part I’ll be biking in the rain. Hmmm...
    Gee Stolly. Nobody cares about your (lack of) biking skills.

It's the cool dash you cut that matters. That's what will turn heads and make hearts flutter.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 21-02-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Ah. So you take performance enhancing drugs?
    If I do they are not working, but I have been called for my injection of EPO on Thursday so we shall see if that speeds me up.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Haha, me cycling this evening....

You look like someone who enjoys a quiet tootle round the lanes after tea and a glass of Sauv.

Get rid of all reflectors, forget the helmet- they just make your head hot. Where is your toolkit and puncture repair kit? If you come off in that coyt you'll ruin it in a storm of feathers.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

My first decent length bike ride today, a circular loop of the Ingleborough ‘massif’ from home. Horton to Ribblehead on the main road and ditto from there to Chapel le Dale. Then from the old church in C le D we followed the quiet lane (the old Roman road) to Ingleton, then the back lane to Clapham, then Austwick. From Austwick we went off-road following the Pennine Bridleway to Feizor (for take out cake and coffee at Elaine’s) and then, still on the Bridleway, over the top to pick up the lane to Helwith Bridge. Before scooting back home on the main road again.

25.6 miles and 1,820 feet of climb with a 2 hour 44 moving time

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    You look like someone who enjoys a quiet tootle round the lanes after tea and a glass of Sauv.

Get rid of all reflectors, forget the helmet- they just make your head hot. Where is your toolkit and puncture repair kit? If you come off in that coyt you'll ruin it in a storm of feathers.
    Thanks but I’m quite happy with my reflectors and helmet and will very much enjoy leaving some fancy ponced up cyclists eating my unfashionable dust in due course . As for a tool kit, I’d guess the furthest away from home I was on that particular ride was 3 miles so I couldn’t be arsed

...Then from the old church in C le D we followed the quiet lane (the old Roman road) to Ingleton, then the back lane to Clapham, then Austwick. From Austwick we went off-road...
    I see a "we" or two there?

Is this Hester, your mistress the bike, the peloton of following admiring women or just the "royal we" as in Lord of Horton-in Ribblesdale.?

Or several of aforementioned?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 21-02-2021 at 11:23 PM.

This thing about carrying tool kits for bikes, back in the olden days we all used to carry tool kits for cars, because they kept breaking down. Nowadays cars are better made and rarely break down and if they do then we call a recovery service.
    Perhaps manufacturers should make better bikes and there should be sort of cycle AA service. I tell you it's the future, any mechanical fault and you sit and wait for recovery or a man to get you back on the road.
    Sod carrying tools about and getting dirty hands.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.