Page 720 of 846 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721722730770820 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Perhaps you'd benefit from a course of cycloanalysis
    Nice

Whilst thoroughly enjoying Eurosports coverage of both Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico I am surprised that they are continuing to race with the rise of Coronavirus in both France and Italy.

There are even thousands of roadside spectators and I think our Government should certainly think again about allowing the Euro's football matches to take place here later in the year.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Sorry. Crossed to The Dark Side and gone and got an E-MTB. 30 miles in the Forest of Dean. Did not raise a sweat but the daft grin wont depart my chops!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Er, isn't the Forest of Dean in England? As in you must have crossed into England, and then crossed back into Wales - like those of us in England are not allowed to?
    Once we have fixed the Edingale anomaly on the Derbys/Staffs border, we could move the England/Wales border in the area around Monmouth where it departs from its logical path along the Wye and Monnow rivers, and then Wheeze would be in England . . . unless he lives in the part of Monmouth on the other side of the Monnow.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

At least one of the Shropshire races races crosses the border a couple of times... Breidden Hills i'm sure does... possibly the now defunct Corndon Classic too, where i'm sure the start/finish line was pretty much on the border...

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Er, isn't the Forest of Dean in England? As in you must have crossed into England, and then crossed back into Wales - like those of us in England are not allowed to?
    Oooh, you are a bit sharp this evening noticing that. Navigational error?
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I started my exercise from home as mr dripford insists. I saw no border guards so pressed on!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I started my exercise from home as mr dripford insists. I saw no border guards so pressed on!
    Your reference to the Welsh First Minister of the Senedd as Mr Dripford made me smile when I saw it, but seeing and listening to him on todays lunchtime news caused me to nearly piss myself laughing as your description is so apt.

Calling someone a drip was one of my dads expressions and he would have wholeheartedly agreed with you Wheeze.

Thankyou.

I decided that the wind was too strong and gusty for a safe road ride so I just dropped down into Bakewell and cycled the length of the Monsal Trail to Wye Dale Cottages and then back home.

Very hard work on the way out into the wind and the Headstone Tunnel was like a "wind tunnel". Once through it and onto the viaduct I was flagged down by a very muddy mountain biker who was in need of a 6mm Allen key. I duly obliged and was grateful for a rest!

A few other cyclists, runners and deaf, even to my shrill bell, walkers kept me on my toes especially on the way back with a tailwind.

A total of 25 miles, 1,227 feet in 1hr 33 min and only caught in one hail shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    A total of 25 miles, 1,227 feet in 1hr 33 min and only caught in one hail shower.
    But was it really hail or graupel? Sorry - I'm just keen to use my newly learnt word from the "Todays permitted exercise!" thread.