Page 725 of 846 FirstFirst ... 225625675715723724725726727735775825 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,250 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Still up?
    Yep! Not opened the second bottle yet.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Classic, you know full well that the second bottle will be opened a week on Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Yep! Not opened the second bottle yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Classic, you know full well that the second bottle will be opened a week on Friday...
    Nah. Birthday this weekend. 58 again.

My son kindly offered me the opportunity to accompany him on a ride this morning but I couldn't

Stopping for take photos he did 42 miles,5500 feet including some 20% stuff in 3hrs 30.

I am only having daughters next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    My son kindly offered me the opportunity to accompany him on a ride this morning but I couldn't

Stopping for take photos he did 42 miles,5500 feet including some 20% stuff in 3hrs 30.

I am only having daughters next time.
    What if you get beaten by your daugther?

I'm 47 and my daugther is 11. I bet for another 15-20 yr I'll remain the best runner and cyclist in the family (and I'm not even good, ouch ), but sooner or later she will catch up and overtake...

Now, if it was a 25yr son beating me, that would not feel as bad...
    I remember hiking in the alps with my Dad. At first I was lacking stamina and as a good dad he used to wait for me. But years later the gamed turned around and he was begging for me to wait. Sweet memories.
    Last edited by Gambatte; 23-03-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Wise words.

I haven't posted on the Today's Sally thread for a while, but my daughter has been taking it pretty seriously and is up to 1 minute 28 - that's longer than I could do when I first started this a few months ago. It's certainly an incentive for me to keep training.

My dad once said he'd give me £20 if I took a game off him at squash - which I eventually did. Similarly, there's an offer of a meal out if my son beats me in any fell race. I'm not being sexist here - my daughter has made it very clear she's not interested in fell races.

What's this Today Sally? And 1min 28sec?

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    My eldest daughter (27) is not far off beating some of my PBs. She has never really shown much interest in sport until recently but is enjoying her running and is already into the low 40s for 10km and knocked out a HM training run in 1.45. Has now joined a running club too so won't be long before I'm relegated to second. My younger daughter has always been sporty but mostly football, some athletics and gym. Still not interested in running any more than 5km thankfully as I'd be well down the rankings otherwise. Neither show any interest in fell running though. Still scarred from childhood holidays in the Lakes most likely!

I'm trying to interest my nephew in running, and hopefully fellrunning of course...

I'd much prefer it if he went down the route of joining an athletics club at junior level, learning a little bit about working hard, and getting a lot of enjoyment out of it... rather than following my route of playing football, then sunday football, and ultimately not making the most of any little talent i had through my late teens and 20's.

But ultimately its up to him... and he's already changed what he wants to be when he's grown up, from Fireman to Premier League footballer.

Although he listens to my tales from the hills in wonder... and if i've had a bad race he asks.... "did you trip over a mountain...?"