Page 768 of 846 FirstFirst ... 268668718758766767768769770778818 ... LastLast
Results 7,671 to 7,680 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Chapeau, Sir! (Of course I could have just clicked on the like button but we don't have one yet....)
    I figure your personal comment is a hell of a lot meaningful than a quick jab of a like button
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Chapeau, Sir! (Of course I could have just clicked on the like button but we don't have one yet....)

Thank you.

I once interviewed Ian Holmes for The Fellrunner. First, he chose to come to my house rather than me travel to his and amongst other things he said he never bothered to collect race results. He also said that I need not send him my article for his approval (although I did).

I guess if you are simply the best, Colossus even, you don't need to bother yourself with trivial matters!
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 12-11-2021 at 10:19 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I've got every race number i've ever been given, but not every result.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I've got every race number i've ever been given, but not every result.
    I have a record of every fell race i've done... date/time/position.... all recorded in the back of the FRA calendar for that year. Then a separate list of how many times i've done each race and my pb time/position.

Currently stand on 103 races, of which exactly 50 have been long/ultra distance.

Used to collect the numbers but just became too many... also when you take off your muddy, sweaty vest, then get home several hours later and try to retrieve the number off the front, it's often in a bit of a mess.
    Last edited by Travs; 16-11-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I have all my race numbers which I keep in a couple of scrap books. I add details of times and positions etc. Looking back through them certainly jogs a few memories but unfortunately also reminds you of how fit you used to be...🙄

Twenty miles (1600 feet) and so hardly worth getting my kit on - but I was doing some errands. So over the Cow & Calf climb, which is where we take Tour riders when they come to Ilkley, to the village where I used to live who are having trouble with the local quarry. I used to be the Residents' Association Secretary so I had a lot of exchanges with the quarry owner. I would have seen them in Leeds Magistrates Court but they failed to turn up having liquidated the company the week before and started up again under a virtually identical name. Businessmen eh?

Then to my (nurse) daughter's house to borrow her blood pressure kit. Oh what fun I will have! Then to Otley Library to borrow Simon Barnes' Epic. In Search Of The Soul Of Sport..

I so hate driving when I can do errands on my bike. So why keep the old Mercedes? Perhaps I should start keeping hens?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 16-11-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    I so hate driving when I can do errands on my bike. So why keep the old Mercedes? Perhaps I should start keeping hens?
    I find hens tend to rattle a bit when you get above 30mph, you're probably better sticking with the Merc.

Another 20 miles errand back to the library (860 feet of climb) taking me over 2500 miles so far with just 71 miles of running this year.

I think this fell running is seriously encroaching on my time on the bike.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 19-11-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Twenty miles (1600 feet) and so hardly worth getting my kit on - but I was doing some errands. So over the Cow & Calf climb, which is where we take Tour riders when they come to Ilkley, to the village where I used to live who are having trouble with the local quarry. I used to be the Residents' Association Secretary so I had a lot of exchanges with the quarry owner. I would have seen them in Leeds Magistrates Court but they failed to turn up having liquidated the company the week before and started up again under a virtually identical name. Businessmen eh?

Then to my (nurse) daughter's house to borrow her blood pressure kit. Oh what fun I will have! Then to Otley Library to borrow Simon Barnes' Epic. In Search Of The Soul Of Sport..

Oh to be retired!

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    Oh to be retired!

Oh to have your vivacious youth, sweet lady!