Page 781 of 846 FirstFirst ... 281681731771779780781782783791831 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 8460

Thread: Today's Bike Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    A bright red Cinelli Shark? Now that is a beast. Sorry to say this, Graham, but if we're playing Top Trumps then you and I have lost.

As Graham mentioned his gear ratio a couple of days ago, would you enlighten us on your gear ratio on the Shark?
    and the HP of the electric motor?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    The joys of Slow Cycling. 75 minutes for around 12 miles, and that was on rather flat roads and with the wind behind me. From the Travelodge at the A49/A5 junction south of Shrewsbury, via Condover, Ryton, Longnor and All Stretton to Church Stretton, where there seemed to be something going on, if that Mercia Fell Runners gazebo meant anything. Glorious sunshine, and wonderful views of The Lawley and Care Caradoc for most of the way; but quite a lot of standing water on the country lanes, to add to the usual standing mud.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

The main road from Ilkley through Otley and Pool to the bottom of Harewood Hill follows the R. Wharfe valley so it is basically flat or rather downhill overall as the river flows east. There is a bridge to the north at each of the forenamed which means a hill just as turning in the opposite direction means, a hill. That's the thing about roads in river valleys. So for around 14 miles today with the river on my left I could wonder "so how much is a Cinelli Shark?" and then as I turned north and started climbing, conclude "but who wants one?"

If it had not been for the freezing wind and the squally rain my perambulation through country villages - Castly, Weeton, Askwith and more, would have been a lovely 33 miles and 1900 feet but about the only pleasure was seeing two full and bright rainbows. I think they came with the rain.

Oh and on a road out of Harrogate hearing a burbling noise and sensing several hundred horsepower behind my right shoulder as a Lamborghini Aventador paused until he could give me my 5 feet of clearance before roaring past.

It was bright orange.

But I suppose if you are a drug dealer you need to be conspicuous in the Waitrose carpark.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 05-03-2022 at 08:27 PM.

All my fixed bikes have had a 63" gear

Unfortunately the shark came with a Miche track sprocket with carrier and the largest sprocket they do is an 18 tooth - so running a 73" atm - won't be there too long, I'm only doing flat rides....

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    A bright red Cinelli Shark? Now that is
    As Graham mentioned his gear ratio a couple of days ago, would you enlighten us on your gear ratio on the Shark?

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    All my fixed bikes have had a 63" gear

Unfortunately the shark came with a Miche track sprocket with carrier and the largest sprocket they do is an 18 tooth - so running a 73" atm - won't be there too long, I'm only doing flat rides....
    I've seen the Miche sprocket and carrier system online, but not in the flesh. In theory it's a great idea, but if they're only going up to an 18t there isn't much point. You could always put a 42t ring on the front, that should give you a shade under 63"

I'm riding 74", which gives me a top speed of 26 mph at 120rpm, but it is fairly flat here with just short 1 in 9 ramps at the edges of the valleys

First day of Paris-Nice today.

Stunning stage and yes, I was a bit misty-eyed at the finish.

What happened to no spoilers Graham?

Even cryptic ones!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    What happened to no spoilers Graham?

Even cryptic ones!
    How do you know what makes me go weepy? Apart from Cavendish falling off? Oh no. That makes me giggle!

Anyway suitably admonished - it did remind me of Paris-Roubaix in 1996 and the Fleche Wallonne in 1994.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 07-03-2022 at 10:09 AM.

So, why ride a fixed wheel? I don't understand.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

It's handy around flat cities, as there's less to go wrong and you're never really going that quick. And you can pretend to be a hipster.

I can only assume that Brett lives in a big flat city, and there's a big hipster scene there.