Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Don't I Feel Like It??

Re: Why Don't I Feel Like It??

I am just having a rest from the clever stuff, hence why I thought i'd pop over and chat to you lot

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    I am just having a rest from the clever stuff, hence why I thought i'd pop over and chat to you lot
    we will chat later
    byeeeee

Thanks for carin' Daz. I do have another sport actually. I took up tennis 2 years ago and I've got really passionate about it. It has everything. Really pushes you for hand-eye co-ordination, precise technique, tactical awareness, anticipation, mental toughness, fitness and strength under pressure. Just when you think you have got one bit sussed, there's another bit to sort out. It's never ending and pretty addictive. Most other blokes my age seem to fall into the golf trap which to me sounds like writing out your own death wish and obituary right there...'Here lies a boring old fart'. So I'm glad to have tennis as a distraction. But my main love is fell running. It's the only thing that can give me the same buzz as rugby used to. You know, pitching your body against impossible odds, absorbing the pain and coming out on top kinda thing. So, when I don't feel like it, I get all angsty, like I'm worried about gettin' old or summat. 'Spose the short term is Mid Life Crisis, but, of course, that all just cliched bollocks.

Feelin' better already!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Oh come on wheeze! how can you be moaning when you've got this on your doorstep! http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk/wm/md/md.html

I've discovered a new sport today it called googleearth touring. You find where you find your house on google earth (satellite picture) then you just set off (with your mouse) - I reckon you could get to aberystwith by 9pm. (if you have braodband).

daleside nooooooooooo goooooooglearth is a bad habit tp get nto

Master and MR

[quote=Wheeze;12468]Thanks for carin' Daz. I do have another sport actually. I took up tennis 2 years ago and I've got really passionate about it. It has everything. Really pushes you for hand-eye co-ordination, precise technique, tactical awareness, anticipation, mental toughness, fitness and strength under pressure. Just when you think you have got one bit sussed, there's another bit to sort out. It's never ending and pretty addictive. Most other blokes my age seem to fall into the golf trap which to me sounds like writing out your own death wish and obituary right there...'Here lies a boring old fart'. So I'm glad to have tennis as a distraction. But my main love is fell running. It's the only thing that can give me the same buzz as rugby used to. You know, pitching your body against impossible odds, absorbing the pain and coming out on top kinda thing. So, when I don't feel like it, I get all angsty, like I'm worried about gettin' old or summat. 'Spose the short term is Mid Life Crisis, but, of course, that all just cliched bollocks.

i tried tennis in st lucia
    was told innov8 flyrocks was not correct footwear but they let me play anyway, sounds like u just had a bad day mate,
    not my kind of sport mind
    prefer fishin when i need a break
    i used to be a very good match fisherman as a junior.

Wheeze, just say to yourself ......

Dragons Back
    Dragons Back
    Dragons Back.

It'll all come right, 6 hours driving in that crap is enough to turn anyone to drink - and with that ginger twat for company on the radio .

I did manage nearly 4 hours in waste deep snow drifts and 30 metre visibility yesterday - as I ran/ploughed back to Newtown over the windfarm to collect my stranded car.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Yeah, been thinkin' about how tough it must be for you Moley. I can't imagine how bad the roads in and out of your place must have been.
    Dragons Back....Yeah!! Think I might get the maps out today and start tickling my imagination. Latest plan is to start on Friday 4th May and be finished by following Tues evening.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

First day...finish at Cwm Bychan. Need to find a friendly B&B near there.
    Second day....finish at Red Lion, Dinas Maddwy. FELINFOEL!
    Third day....finish at Eisteddfa Gurig. Probably stay at Bluebell (now unofficial Mad Tours Inc Clubhouse!)
    Fourth day....finish at Llandovery. Need a good suggestion.
    Fifth day. Finale at the Muddy Dap.

Hmmm. Now definately feeling better!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    daleside nooooooooooo goooooooglearth is a bad habit tp get nto
    its always fuzzy and bleary wen ive been on it
    cant see owt