Thread: Robin Hood Monumental FR

Robin Hood Monumental FR

Well, monumental cockup!

Turned up tonight along with many others (I left before 6:45 and saw loads of people heading in the direction of the race) only to be told it was not on by a Chef in the Pub! If last years numbers were anything to go by there would have been about 150 on the way!

Proper waste of fuel.

Re: Robin Hood Monumental FR

Apparently the organiser 'couldn't be arsed'! this year!

Shame you went so early. It was quite a unique occasion as in true 'never say die' Fell Runner tradition, people ran the course anyway, but in their own time.

Most of the fast boys set off last and slowed and chatted with the slower folk on the way round, and people finished much closer together than in the race, and of course we still went for a beer afterwards.

The race will happen next year as in a moment of madness after several sherbs, I gave my details to the Landlord.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth of The Dark Side View Post
    Apparently the organiser 'couldn't be arsed'! this year!

Shame you went so early. It was quite a unique occasion as in true 'never say die' Fell Runner tradition, people ran the course anyway, but in their own time.

Most of the fast boys set off last and slowed and chatted with the slower folk on the way round, and people finished much closer together than in the race, and of course we still went for a beer afterwards.

The race will happen next year as in a moment of madness after several sherbs, I gave my details to the Landlord.
    Well Done Darth, very pleased indeed to hear you will be assisting in a return of monumental madness..... safe at last in the hands of a true master of madness!

Very sorry me & Rosie lost the plot and headed back to the sunny climes of the Bright Side... she will be peeved to have missed a run out with all those slow fast Lads & Lassies...

Suffice to say I had to contend with a Mount Famine varient

Thankfully the light was sublime!
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Angry Re: Robin Hood Monumental FR

The furthest shirt I saw there said 'Blackburn' on it, I can only hope they were in the area on holiday!?

A good number of people stayed and there was a good line of runners all the way round (a totley vest folks took piccies to prove it), its a shame as its a lovely route, all three car parks were pretty full (I have pictures to prove it), even after a good number of folks turned on their heals and headed away. I hope the pub did ok, as there were a lot of runners with a bit more time on their hands than they were expecting (and three extra quid in their pocket)

Very, very dissappointed at the 'organiser' and just the complete level of chaos it caused.

Did hear that the organiser had had a bereavement. Don't know how true that is.
    Shame it didn't happen though as our club Long Eaton had a few fell virgins turn up for it. Still we all went round for a trot. Lovely evening for it.

Talking Re: Robin Hood Monumental FR

[quote

[/quote]

It was indeed...... and also a little sureal to be overtaken by people usually in the top 10 whilst going through the last field!!

Ive never done this race before - so im very pleased it may carry on under your banner Mr D - I enjoyed the course

Yep.... Piglet...
    Your right,
    we should have stayed for the fun!
    Can imagine how it was...
    Next year, we will be back..
    For more than a bit of All Sorts!
    (Cracken Edge.... next Wednesday... http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~temples/hc/
    Perhaps you & yours will be there too...
    There might even be prizes !)
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

I saw a Lyonaisse club vest. I'm hoping he hadn't travelled from Lyon to Baslow specially

It was good evenings run though, and made a change to enjoy the scenery and a chat, rather than have your head down breathing out of your arse (maybe thats just me?)