Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OMM in Borrowdale!

OMM in Borrowdale!

Well well well, fancy that. I thought the OMM was going for less well known and more remote locations thesedays. Imagine my surprise, and delight, to find that we all start at Seathwaite in the heart of the lakes.

Looks like plenty of climbing to be had this year. And mind out for walkers!!

Looking forward to it - Long Score awaits...

Re: OMM in Borrowdale!

This will be my first OMM/KIMM, and I was looking forward to going to somewhere I hadn't been to before. It was a bit of a surprise to me as well to find I'll be going to Borrowdale again. I'm still expecting to visit some parts of the area I haven't visited in the past.

Little bit of home territory advantage... nice.

We're down for the elite...
    Why walk when you can run.

Virgin and in the Medium Score. Looks like it could a be a cracker !!!
    If you cant change something, change the way you feel about it !

first time for me too - Medium score MS1295. Delighted it's in Borrowdale.
    Lots of purchases to make in the next few months- lucky for me my partners supplying the tent.
    Not happy at having to buy waterproof trousers with taped seams when I have a perfectly good set of Montane waterproof trousers. Does anyone know of some cheap ones?
    Grit Britain Team

Quote Originally Posted by Grit Britain View Post
    first time for me too - Medium score MS1295. Delighted it's in Borrowdale.
    Lots of purchases to make in the next few months- lucky for me my partners supplying the tent.
    Not happy at having to buy waterproof trousers with taped seams when I have a perfectly good set of Montane waterproof trousers. Does anyone know of some cheap ones?
    I'm in the Score event too - MS1301.

Your waterproof trousers can't be waterproof unless the seems are taped. I've just received a pair of Montane Atomic DT pants which are fully waterproof, taped seams, but the best bit is they only weigh 150g. Cost £63 from Montane Direct and delivered FOC next day.
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    I'm in the Score event too - MS1301.

Your waterproof trousers can't be waterproof unless the seems are taped. I've just received a pair of Montane Atomic DT pants which are fully waterproof, taped seams, but the best bit is they only weigh 150g. Cost £63 from Montane Direct and delivered FOC next day.
    Thanks for the tip Mapper. I won't open the debate on the defintion of 'waterproof' outdoor kit. I get the feeling that cheap lightweight taped seamed waterproof trousers don't exist. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong
    Grit Britain Team

Try Regatta I think they do some that are that are taped. They do a jacket which is very cheap and taped and it is reasonable. It would pass muster in a kit check as ithe manufacturer states it is waterproof, and I am pretty sure they do some equivalent trousers. You have to ask yourself though - what if I really DO need them?

I'm having a crack at Elite this year for the first time. With the guy who did the sub 19h 50 at 50 BG and is leading the runfurther M50 category. So I am in for a hard time .

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Try Regatta I think they do some that are that are taped. They do a jacket which is very cheap and taped and it is reasonable. It would pass muster in a kit check as ithe manufacturer states it is waterproof, and I am pretty sure they do some equivalent trousers. You have to ask yourself though - what if I really DO need them?

thanks Grouse -point taken - as it's my first MM I'm just trying to keep the costs down and I think my untaped featherlite montane trousers are good enough but rules are rules and I'm happy to comply.

Stu
    Grit Britain Team