Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BG success

Re: BG success

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Well done Ian. You wriggled out of joining Marko and I on the 15 trigs then!
    Hi Grouse

I only found out about the invite from Marko after getting home on the Sunday. Looks like you had a excellent fun and a pretty got good time to boot esp in that weather.

Quote Originally Posted by MattHunt View Post
    Well done Ian!!! Just been on Dark Peak website loking at your pix,im sure there should be an 18 certificate on the pic of you vassing up!! Might see you at one of the Trunces coming up if your about? Again,well done mate.

I hope to be on the club run tonight but I'll be taking it easy But only if the wife gets home from work on time.

Thanks to every one for their comments.

I was thinking about the WHW but I owe a few people some return support on the same Week End

Re: 15 Trigs

Well done Ian. You wriggled out of joining Marko and I on the 15 trigs then!
    So you did it How did it go?

We did it in 13.40. I was pleased just to get round because I didn't have many miles in my legs and held Marko up quite a bit. The wind was hard work for the first half (we went ac/w from the Sportsman) but visibility was good so we found our way OK. Julien from Glossopdale who joined us from Back Tor to Slippery Stones went into the mother of all bogs. I haven't seen one like it - if he had been on his own he would have been in deep... and not metaphorically!

We did it in 13.40. I was pleased just to get round because I didn't have many miles in my legs and held Marko up quite a bit. The wind was hard work for the first half (we went ac/w from the Sportsman) but visibility was good so we found our way OK. Julien from Glossopdale who joined us from Back Tor to Slippery Stones went into the mother of all bogs. I haven't seen one like it - if he had been on his own he would have been in deep... and not metaphorically!
    Would that be just in the dip between Cutgate and Outer Edge The OE bogmonster if famous here. My training partners wife was up there two week ago alone and went in chest deep, she was very shaken up when she returned. ALWAYS best to go round that one.

I know Julien, he's in GMRT.

well done again

The offending bog was before Margery Hill but I think I've been in the one you're talking about between Outer Edge and Cut Gate before...

We had a fantastic day out in the hills and even the sun managed to make an appearance as we ran along Kinder.

I'd like to do it again, possibly next January as training for the High Peak Marathon - what d'you say, Grouse?!

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Just a brief note to say that this week end a small group of Dark Peak and Penistone runners had the pleasure of my company for a long run in the Lakes.

I came in to Keswick in 23.44 and I can definitely say I've had a dryer time swimming in the sea despite the weather I had a good time on the hill and thank the support team for their company, That so many people gladly give up there own time is a humbling experince. A truely memorable day.

Thanks also to all the encouragement and offers of help following my last attempt, you don't know how close you were to getting the call up
    Wel done Ian
    Im bloody made up .
    Just back from Switzerland and brilliant news to hear you have done it.
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Whats next haha
    Nice one.

Master and MR

good one John

Re: 15 Trigs

We did it in 13.40.
    Excellent . Quite fancy a go at this pre-OMM if it fits in.