Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nasal Polyps

Re: Nasal Polyps

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    Well Jamie I thought you would have been on the forum from your hospital bed!!
    They are not allowed to open windows in his ward!

Im back home guys,

Got a big bloody bandage on my nose, it did hurt at first but got my hands on some morphine............ nice .

I was set to go into thearte at 8.30. I had all the needles put in etc and was about to be put to sleep and the bloody air conditioning failed. So I was taken back out to the ward for 5 hours. I thought why do these things always happen to me. I had just got myself phyched up as well.

Nurse who was looking after me lives 5 doors down from me. So she is keeping an eye on me and my running she has told me two weeks before any kind of exercise. Ill just montior her shift patterns.

Im planning on putting my cowbell to good use and Catherine is looking forward to playing matron.

Im never one to take advantage though.

Doctor reckons Ill be breathing better when running, so ill get my self to sub 32min 10k standard and start thinking about putting plans into place for London 2012.

Cheers
    Jamie
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 18-05-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks Milli

I will,

2 weeks means 2 weeks.
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 18-05-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Excellent Jamie, get well soon mate

Glad your back jamie, feels like you've been away for ages, the forum just aint been the same today

Wish Catherine lots and lots of luck from me, hope her nursing skills are better than mine, I usually last about 2 days till my sympathy runs out

Good stuff m8 - hope it recovers quickly!

BTW - I've just been in hospital an' all! Flipping pneumonia got me. Asthma had been good of late tool. Oh well - week off lounging around won't hurt much!

Thats bad news Deeko, A chap at our works was off with Pnuemonia. Its justr been a crap winter all round for bugs and stuff. When are you back running then

Cheers Jamie - think I'll be off running for two weeks at least. It was quite a bad one according to the docs. One of them said I would have been in a really bad way if I hadn't been so fit (his words!).

How's the hooter? Calming down a bit hopefully?

Cheers,

Derek.

Cheepers mate thats sound pretty rough.

You think your clear of that stuff when it gets to May. Was it asthma related?

Hooter is sore and swollen.
    Last edited by NotOnUrHelly; 20-05-2007 at 03:01 PM.

I hope so - they've done bloods for atypical pneumonia. The doc mentioned scary fungal infections but I think (hope) that's unlikely! I had just changed my inhaler to seretide as well and was managing to breathe deeply for the first time I can remember whilst running. I got one run in before the pneumonia got me - thing is it was 6x900m intervals and they were pretty much the same times as usual. Pneumonia just came out of nowhere at 9pm on Tues night - no real symptons liek wheezing etc - unreal!

Cheers,

Derek.