Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55@55 - Sunrise Runner Wanted

55@55 - Sunrise Runner Wanted

I am having another go at a 55at55 next weekend (Sat 30th) and am still looking for another runner on the Sunrise Leg from Honister->Wasdale, leaving Honister at around 04:00 and arriving in Wasdale in time for breakfast not too much after 08:00 having seen the sunrise on the way.

So if you are looking for an early run or if you know someone looking for an early run on the 30th, please PM me and we can finalise arrangements.

Thanks

Ian

Re: 55@55 - Sunrise Runner Wan

I would have loved to help out Ian, but just not fit enough yet.

Good luck!

Thanks, Adrian

good luck ian
    We might see you around Great Gable as we are doing a Joss Naylor attempt.

See you out there.
    IDP

Thanks Ian

Have a good one - we will be on Great Gable just after 05:00 tomorrow morning so you will have to be up early to see us there.

Good luck Ian! Hope it all goes well

Quote Originally Posted by FellShoeShuffler View Post
    Thanks Ian

Have a good one - we will be on Great Gable just after 05:00 tomorrow morning so you will have to be up early to see us there.
    We hadn't even started then.

However I hope you got round the weather was pretty good except it was very humid with quite a lot of low cloud. We saw/heard about 4 other attempts at a BG, one called it a day on Dollywagon and I saw a couple around Black Sail around 4.00pm, Not heard how turnip has done yet but it was wet last night if warm it was clearing beautifully this morning.

There was also two Joss Naylor attempts on Congratulation to Lisa (sorry didn't know your surname) who completed with 52 secounds to spare on her 50th Birthday. welldone.

On our Attempt Mark Harvey aka the Safety Officer set off really fast only 9 weeks after his BG. He was on an 11.40 schedule but was 24 minute down by Sty Head, then he got his rear in gear and slowly pulled in back to finish in 11.37. well done mark Top effort. To cap all this off and make it an extra special day for all who were there, around Pillar in the low cloud who was waiting for us but the big man himself. It was truly an honour and a privilege to have Joss lead us in over those last few hills. Brilliant.

Reached Threlkeld after 23 hours and 51 summits but utterly exhausted so retired. Conditions weren't easy and rocky summits, especially Great Gable, were very difficult. I think I need more daylight and less bracken so I have picked my 56th summit for next year.

I think I saw your Joss team just below Bowfell and they were looking good then.

Quote Originally Posted by FellShoeShuffler View Post
    Reached Threlkeld after 23 hours and 51 summits but utterly exhausted so retired. Conditions weren't easy and rocky summits, especially Great Gable, were very difficult. I think I need more daylight and less bracken so I have picked my 56th summit for next year.

I think I saw your Joss team just below Bowfell and they were looking good then.
    Hard luck Ian.

Conditions have been very greasy for the last month, hopefully we'll get some dry weather next year like this May and June (remember that )
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    There was also two Joss Naylor attempts on Congratulation to Lisa (sorry didn't know your surname) who completed with 52 secounds to spare on her 50th Birthday. welldone.
    Was she wearing supports on her knees? I was coming off Bowfell as she and her supporters where going up, she seemed to be enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    On our Attempt Mark Harvey aka the Safety Officer set off really fast only 9 weeks after his BG. .
    Was Nicky Spinks with him, if so seen them coming off Rosset, they weren't hanging about
    Bill