Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 plans

2009 plans

I know it's early but has anybody started to make plans for 2009 ? Any particular races or series to compete in/complete or maybe a round....BG,PB etc ?
    I'm going to do some longer stuff i think,and will spend most of the winter doing long plods to gain some stamina.I might try Ben Nevis (if i can get in) and the Welsh 1000's as single races to aim for in '09.Will hopefully complete the Welsh open as well as the NW series again.I also fancy a race or challenge abroad next year (that Madeira race looks good).
    Fully enjoyed my first season of racing(running),22 races so far with a further 13 planned for the rest of the year.I've found the atmosphere to be unique compared to mtb and triathlon.A very relaxed and jolly bunch of chaps and ladies.To some it up i paid £3 for a race on sun which included a free pint at the local.Amateur sport personified !

Anyone else planning yet ?

Re: 2009 plans

Always planning ahead.
    2009 will be either London or Boston marathon in the spring then either Berlin or Chicago in the Autumn. Hopefully also some longer fellraces such as Borrowdale, Ennerdale etc and definitely many more reccies of the BGR legs.
    2010 hopefully a BGR
    2011 Landsend to John Ogroats (by bicycle)
    2012 Lengthy summer holiday in London mainly spent sitting about clapping and cheering.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Not sure. Probably do Jura again, maybe the Ben.

Had quite a big year this year, 32 races so far, but quite a few longs or ultra runs in that.

The main goal will be the Britis and the Lakeland classics and then will also try and complete one of the NW or Wales WFRA series.

Felt I raced too much this year, which would be OK if I could take bad races but I really get down if I race poorly.

Ultra wise the Highland Fling 53 miler in April, WHW 96 miler in June and I've a mind to do the BGR maybe..

Some PB's????

Run a full 12 months without having my usual 3 months off due to injury!

I'm still trying to get round to making plans for 2008!!

2008 went a bit tits up. Injury in March meant I missed out on a few goals that just carry over to 09. Main one was the runfurther series and the Fellsman but it also meant no Saunders either.

• Runfurther series (including the Yorkshire Ultras, Hobble, Hike and Fellsman)
    • Lakeland Classics series (again as the superlongs are just brilliant races)
    • BG as a birthday treat to myself June 09
    • Saunders Klets (missed out as didn't trust ankle as a solo MM effort)
    • Enough Ultras to qualify for the UTMB 2010
    • Open 24 adventure race

To be honest they are exactly the same as this year and just carried over apart from UTMB and BG. Have an eye on a few other long challenge runs as if I have put in the fellsman and BG training I may as well make the most of it. Liking the idea of the PB onsight, but realise that would be a tough one to do. Gonna avoid running in Wales until I either go for it or discount it altogether.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    I'm still trying to get round to making plans for 2008!!
    Me too Dom! I fancy a go at PPP cx bike race next though

Graeme

I dunno, this year had big plans, they went by the way with injury. Next year well I really don't know. My wife is expecting our first, but who know's what that'll bring, we found out today the baby will have pulmonary atresia, and be born with serious heart problems, so I think I'll be enjoying time with him rather than running.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Me too Dom! I fancy a go at PPP cx bike race next though
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I dunno, this year had big plans, they went by the way with injury. Next year well I really don't know. My wife is expecting our first, but who know's what that'll bring, we found out today the baby will have pulmonary atresia, and be born with serious heart problems, so I think I'll be enjoying time with him rather than running.
    Go for it Andy
    Best wishes Graeme, hope everything goes well
    As for me, hope to get some BG training done then see how i feel in June. If i've not done enough, 2010 sounds good. Would like to do more races in the lakes, Wasdale, Borrowdale etc, and the PPP race and cx again (i say again in the hope i get round it next month) oh and Ben Nevis, and stay injury free and happy Probably asking for too much
    Hills and Guinness!