Thread: Training Shoes

Training Shoes

just getting back from a stress fracture of the shin - fancy getting soon miles in on the fells but dont think it will be a good idea to wear walshes like i would normally - anyone got any suggestions to some shoes that might do the job - good grip but a little bit of cushioning????

BAH

Re: Training Shoes

Montrail Highlanders are worth a look although you may find them too heavy but they are cushioned and an aggressive sole

Salamon Speedcross 2 worth a look. See other threads re these.

Morgan

Hi BAH,

I would reccomend Mizuno Wave Harriers - great for The Hill. I am getting back too (again). Had a run at Hamsterly today. If you want some company on runs give me a shout.

Compared to Walshes, the Mudroc 330 has quite a lot of cushioning. Their heels are slightly high though, so they are a bit wobbly, but that may be related to my running style. The Mudrocs certainly have good grip.

I've just got a pair of roclite 295s and I have to say I think inov8 have got this shoe spot on! Very nice fit and hopefully they're built to last!

Another thumbs up for the Roclites - mine have served me well, although the edges of the sole are starting to come loose a bit now. Have heard a lot of positive stuff about the Montrails as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    I've just got a pair of roclite 295s and I have to say I think inov8 have got this shoe spot on! Very nice fit and hopefully they're built to last!
    I've been running in my 295s for several months (also have the 315s in the stable) and have almost 600 miles on them. The best fitting Inov8s for my feet so far, nice and light, flexy, good traction. I even did a trail race in them. The only thing that has "worn" is the tongue cushioning, which started out minimal and is now undetectable so I was feeling some lace pressure. Re-laced with a different pattern and they are back to being the most comfortable trail shoes I own.

Montrail Highlanders for me...Use them for just about everything on the fell, especially good for long distance, good grip great cushioning....Brilliant shoe...
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.