Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MP takes to the fells

Master

Re: MP takes to the fells

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    I'm with Stick and Marvin; keep the Olympic disease out of fellrunning!!
    And Politics
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    Absolutely let it be in. We have some of the fittest athletes of any sport..let them get the credit they deserve. People watch cross country skiing at the Olympics….does it make everybody take it up?
    Absolutely not! Top fell runners get the credit they deserve from within fell running and other branches of the hill going community. If you are after global applause, apply to X FACTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Mountain Running at the Olympics and Commonwealth Games gets my vote. If all them other sports can have the limelight let this sport get it.
    If you want limelight stick to road-running. Most of us venture on to the fells to steer clear of all that s**t.

I'd hate fell running in the conventional sense to be an olympic sport - I mean, if it was in, you'd need different events for distances and climbs and what not. It'd destroy the ethos of fell running anyway. What would be great though (and would knock stupidty like syncronised swimming or 'walking' races into a cocked hat) would be "tour de" events. Lets kick off 2012 with the 'tour de dragons back' for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    If you want limelight stick to road-running. Most of us venture on to the fells to steer clear of all that s**t.
    bit harsh, theres a blurred line between mountain running and fell running. mountain running is practically road running.
    im sure andi enjoys running in the fells and in fell races for all the same reasons as everyone else on the board and is not just about the fortune and glory (though he deservedly gets his share). besides nobody in this country gets limelight for road running so thats ridiculous
    the surprising thing about this thread is that i didn't see a similar thread talking about how the commonwealth mountain running championship next year is about to destroy fell running.
    i appreciate that a politician raping the sport to their own ends would be a disgusting occurance but lets be realistic, nobody's going to get a significant increase in votes by plugging fell running are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    I'm with Stick and Marvin; keep the Olympic disease out of fellrunning!!
    mountain running would be a good addition to the olympics but fell running wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by tomcee View Post
    bit harsh, theres a blurred line between mountain running and fell running. mountain running is practically road running.
    im sure andi enjoys running in the fells and in fell races for all the same reasons as everyone else on the board and is not just about the fortune and glory (though he deservedly gets his share). besides nobody in this country gets limelight for road running so thats ridiculous
    the surprising thing about this thread is that i didn't see a similar thread talking about how the commonwealth mountain running championship next year is about to destroy fell running.
    i appreciate that a politician raping the sport to their own ends would be a disgusting occurance but lets be realistic, nobody's going to get a significant increase in votes by plugging fell running are they?
    Just like this mornings and this evenings run. All on the moors, all on my own. Only stopped to talk to the UU man working on the resers. Limelight, not bothered about. Seeing fell/mountain running being staged on the international stage yes please! Bring it on. Might even make some other quality runners try the European mountain and WMRT scene.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Why the heck isn't orienteering an olympic sport and who, by the way, plays baseball?
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

There must be a distinct lack of news in Kendal this week as the Gazette has quoted some of this thread in an article about MPs, Olympics and fell running.
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.