Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mountain marathons

Mountain marathons

I was wanting to learn more about these, are there any good sites about individual marathons where i can view, which also show equipment needs/requirements etc
    Ta
    Mark

Bobert

Re: Mountain marathons

Quote Originally Posted by Darth domain View Post
    I was wanting to learn more about these, are there any good sites about individual marathons where i can view, which also show equipment needs/requirements etc
    Ta
    Mark
    The book Off Road Running by Sarah Rowell has a very good section all about MM's.

Wink Re: Mountain marathons

You should be able to get some info on the OMM/LAMM sites or try on the forums there as well ?

cheers folks, this is just my wanting to get an understanding of them, so one day, when i think my levels are good enough, i can have a go

Bobert

cheers folks, this is just my wanting to get an understanding of them, so one day, when i think my levels are good enough, i can have a go
    Why not just have a go. The KIMM/OMM, Saunders cater for all levels, from walking classes right through to the elite runners. Most just enter because they love getting wet/cold/wet/muddy/wet/cold/cold. Sometimes the sun shines, but then that's cheating!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    Why not just have a go. The KIMM/OMM, Saunders cater for all levels, from walking classes right through to the elite runners. Most just enter because they love getting wet/cold/wet/muddy/wet/cold/cold. Sometimes the sun shines, but then that's cheating!
    might give it a go, the wind, wet mud and cold is ney bother, but what's this sun thing??

The OMM looks very interesting, however, its a bit close now cant get the time off. the Bclass (50km 10hrs) looks more like my sort of thing to start with, however, will have to wait till next year. Missed a bloody training event as well, cant get the time off work!!

looked at the LAMM, that looks pretty damn good, would be looking at the D category i think to begin with. So, any newbies in lancs area who contemplate it for 09 drop me a pm as i would need a teamie

looked at the LAMM, that looks pretty damn good, would be looking at the D category i think to begin with. So, any newbies in lancs area who contemplate it for 09 drop me a pm as i would need a teamie
    If you want a 'mini' taste of this kind of orienteering event, have a look at the darkandwhite website for their 3hour score events in the peaks in sep-dec.

http://http://www.darkandwhite.co.uk...sp?race_id=215

There's one this w/e which i would be doing but for still recovering from Hellvellyn Triathlon. They are an excellent well organised event which wil properly test your nav ability without getting too sucked in! They also organise the Rab MM which is 2 day event similar to OMM/LAMM but you can solo it;

http://http://www.darkandwhite.co.uk...sp?race_id=181

I seconds things said about dark and white. Great events.

I think the Rab two dayer still has entries? No set distance and score events are good for beginners as if you cannot find a checkpoint you can move on and not be disqualified. Also do it flying solo.

Also Planet fear website has a great equipment list review and some great race reports. Sleepmonsters has some more race reports.