Thread: NW Road Relays

NW Road Relays

I was at the NW Road Relays yeasterday with the Club. A great event with all ages from U13 up to Seniors, it pools the 4 county championships of Lancashire, Cheshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester in to 1 event and each county rotates the hosting of the event.

Results should be up soon on http://www.cheshireaa.com/

I have to say though the seniors was a little disappointing - it seems to lack support from many clubs.

Missing clubs local to me were the Dashers, Clayton (Men), Rossendale, Radcliffe, Accy Road Runners, Chorley, Lostock, Wigan Pheonix, Horwich, Preston.

The Senior Men's event is only £8 for a 4 man team, and in view of the regular complaints about entry fees, I would have thought that this would be one of the best value County Champs / Relay events on the calendar.

We were graced yesterday with athletes of the calibre of Peter Riley and Gareth Raven to name but two in the Senior Men - there were a few forumites there but not many.

But in particular, Clayton Men, where were you?

Re: NW Road Relays

I was there running leg 3 for Ellesmere Port RC. I had a reasonable run and enjoyed it. But we only just managed to get 1 team together from over a dozen people who said they would do it a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately we (Helsby) had a club counter fell race at Hodder Valley, but in saying that I don't think we'd even have managed to get a team of 4 out.
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasbe/s...7607265095154/

There are a few photos of the Relays at the above address.

i ran yesterday 1st leg did'nt have a very good race myself suppose it didnt help racing the night before aswell

did'nt like the course at all especially the start to many quick twists and turns for me!!!!
    Track rules

I also ran in this and possibly had the worst race of my life. Lesson learnt, dont cane the training the week before a race (after a serious weekends training) and dont go to bed at 2.30 the night before a race.

All in all im pretty stupid!

Eyes on Boggart for Sunday now...
    Alright John!!

I wanted to do it but couldn't find any info on it. I've ran it when I was at Liverpool Harriers but since being at Wigan we either don't get info or it is ignored

Quote Originally Posted by detritus21 View Post
    I wanted to do it but couldn't find any info on it. I've ran it when I was at Liverpool Harriers but since being at Wigan we either don't get info or it is ignored
    The host County - which in this case was Cheshire - has the info on the cheshireaa website for a couple of months at least beforehand.

The forms are sent to the other County AA's and they then send to their member clubs. At least they should.

Not sure if you are Wigan Harriers or Wigan Pheonix, but I think you are both GM Clubs anyway, so I would get on to your County Association and ask them why you were not informed - perhaps check with the Club Secretary first though!

As Team Manager, I had the forms direct from Cheshire and also from our Club Sec.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus21 View Post
    Our club secretary didn't receive any info/entry forms about this event. We knew when it was happening, thus you might say it was incumbent upon us to ask the powers that be for info/entry forms, I would however disagree. We too are part of GMAA
    If I'd wanted a parrot I'd have bought one

The mightly phoenix I'm at. I find the GMAA a bit useless at cascading info out. I knew it was on but by the time I remembered it would be too late.