Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 LastLast

Thread: Ennerdale Horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'll hold the "well i ran Duddon last week..." excuse back in case of emergency.
    Only really valid if you ran Jura the week before that.

and the OCT the week before that...
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Wow some of those times seem a little ambitious.

I'll just be happy with a strong consistent run throughout and an enjoyable but testing day in the fells with lots of like minded people again.

Quote Originally Posted by ponte_ricky View Post
    Wow some of those times seem a little ambitious.

I'll just be happy with a strong consistent run throughout and an enjoyable but testing day in the fells with lots of like minded people again.
    The first time I ran Ennerdale it was a scorching day, I was badly dehydrated on the long run back and as I collapsed over the finish line the marshal said "Are you the last?" (I wasn't).

But the next time I ran it 1 hour and 20 minutes faster and I also had a couple of 3rd Vet Cats when it was an English Champs. counter - serious competition.

So I always think of Ennerdale as a race than keeps on giving.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 20-05-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I remember running it on a hot day and getting dehydrated but kept going with the prospect of a drink from the stream on the final descent off Crag Hill in mind. Hours and miles were spent visualising this. I just didn't visualise the dead sheep.

Although i sadly dropped out last week due to work...

A quick look at the results, and well done to ba-ba, DanGilbert, Benshep, Tindersticks and Mrs GeoffB (that was an excellent result!)

Shame you couldn't make it Travs. Conditions were pretty good. Fairly continuous sun after the first hour or two but cool enough higher up and with a decent breeze most of the time to take the edge off.
    Happy to be only 5 minutes outside my predicted time too.
    Last edited by dangilbert; 12-06-2021 at 10:30 PM.

Tough day out today. Really struggled with my stomach all day but only 10 minutes down on my estimated time so not so bad considering. Poor pacing I think

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Although i sadly dropped out last week due to work...

A quick look at the results, and well done to ba-ba, DanGilbert, Benshep, Tindersticks and Mrs GeoffB (that was an excellent result!)
    thanks Travs. toughest fell race I've done. I was barely moving faster than walking pace on the lakeside path at the end. 2 mins off my predicted time.

Chuffed for Ilkley's Tom Adams coming in 4th. He's always been lightning fast on shorter and middle distances on any surface and regularly wins trail races by silly margins, so it was interesting to see how he'd fare in a champs field on a tough AL like this where he didn't know the best lines.

Great day out and enjoyed being back at a big lakes race. Weather was good early on with a strong breeze but got a bit hotter over second half. Predicted 5 hours originally, changed to 5:45 after my recce but came in at 4:52 so chuffed with that. Legs feel ok but poor suncream application has left me with some rather sore patches around the neck! Top refreshments after as well.