Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Ennerdale Horseshoe

Re: Ennerdale

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    3Ps takes me about 4.30 - Ennerdale took me 5.40. If you are as slow as me you will be mainly on your own for the second half. Make sure you have a good idea of the route.
    Yup I'm as slow (/slower) than you, sub 6 hours would be my aim. I know most of the route anyway but am heading up there in a few weeks to hopefully get a recce in. I'm perfectly happy plodding on, on my own, as long as I actually finish!

I'm sending my entry this weekend - decided to give it a go.

Never been up to this area before and was planning to recce today but saw the weather forecast and thought against it and went out and did a more sensible run of just over 2 hours.

Probably looking at just over 6 hours if all goes well and the weathers OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I'm sending my entry this weekend - decided to give it a go.

Never been up to this area before and was planning to recce today but saw the weather forecast and thought against it and went out and did a more sensible run of just over 2 hours.

Probably looking at just over 6 hours if all goes well and the weathers OK.
    Despite saying I'd be doing this I doubt I will anymore, I've had exams recently and haven't managed to get out running literally at all in the past few weeks. Having said that, I'm heading up to Buttermere today and I'm going to give a contorted version of Ennerdale a go and see how far I get - possibly not very far considering the forecast!

Ennerdale Horseshoe

Anybody know when the entries close for this years event?

Re: Ennerdale Horseshoe

Pre-entries closed yesterday, 21st May, but I'm hoping there will be entries on the day...

"Please contact Colin Dulson for details of this year's English Championship Ennerdale. Please note Ennerdale entries will only be accepted after March 31st and will close on May 31st."

I think the 21st is a misprint as it also says 31st on the website.
    http://www.cfra.co.uk/routesrules.php

I hope so anyway as my entry is only going to get there on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    "Please contact Colin Dulson for details of this year's English Championship Ennerdale. Please note Ennerdale entries will only be accepted after March 31st and will close on May 31st."

I think the 21st is a misprint as it also says 31st on the website.
    http://www.cfra.co.uk/routesrules.php

I hope so anyway as my entry is only going to get there on Tuesday.
    It's 21st, not 31st - Ennerdale was a championship race last year, not this, so methinks the site hasn't been updated. See http://cfra.co.uk/ennerdaledetails.pdf for chapter and verse.

Hi Sam,did you make it up to ennerdale at the wkend?i was out for a trek there yestdy,parked by the scout hut an headed up over herdus,great bourne,starling dodd,red pike,high stile,high crag,down scarth gap and up ova haystacks,then got the bbq out,quite windy but a clear day until we set off back down the valley last night,the rain poured but was refreshing haha,had an excellent view of the route throughout.Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
    Hi Sam,did you make it up to ennerdale at the wkend?i was out for a trek there yestdy,parked by the scout hut an headed up over herdus,great bourne,starling dodd,red pike,high stile,high crag,down scarth gap and up ova haystacks,then got the bbq out,quite windy but a clear day until we set off back down the valley last night,the rain poured but was refreshing haha,had an excellent view of the route throughout.Dave
    Yeah did a run up over Red Pike, High Stile and High Crag before dropping down into Ennerdale via the Scarth Gap Pass and then up Looking Stead and Pillar and down the same way, then over the Scarth Gap pass back over Buttermere. Weather wasn't bad in the end, bit of rain going up Pillar but not too much!

Was climbing in Langdale yesterday and definitely noticed the wind. Don't know how you managed a BBQ!

Decided against Ennerdale, just haven't had time to get the long runs in. Still hoping for Wasdale though!

Looks like you put a good few miles in doing that from buttermere,prob wouldn't be much more of a climb to do the horseshoe.i'v been lucky with the bbq's the last few weeks when i'v been out and about,found plenty of sheltered coves,wouldn,t mind a crack at the Wasdale if i can pick my pace up a bit.they say practise makes perfect