Page 33 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Ennerdale Horseshoe

Re: Ennerdale

Quote Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
    Looks like you put a good few miles in doing that from buttermere,prob wouldn't be much more of a climb to do the horseshoe.i'v been lucky with the bbq's the last few weeks when i'v been out and about,found plenty of sheltered coves,wouldn,t mind a crack at the Wasdale if i can pick my pace up a bit.they say practise makes perfect
    I'm travelling up from Blackburn on the morning of the race - if anyone wants a lift who is more or less on the route, just PM me and we'll sort it out.

Re: Ennerdale

The big day tomorrow - this is the biggest challenge I've took on so far but having got around the PPP reasonably comfortably I hope I can manage this now so long as I stay nice and steady.
    Got my car share sorted out - 2 CLEM guys sharing with me.

I take it all is OK? - the pre-entry list hasn't gone on the CFRA website yet.

Re: Ennerdale Horseshoe

Just got back home from ennerdale,thanks to the organiser ,marshalls and all concerned.A tough race but a great day

Thanks

Great day out, brilliant marshalls & amazing sausage rolls. Big thank you to all.
    Pasame la botella...........

Fantastic route, really enjoyed it. I was glad when it clouded over though as it was a bit warm at the beginning of the race. Big thanks to the marshalls for the water they carted up with them to the later checkpoints :thumbup:
    No country for old men.

Results here

A very tough day out; thanks indeed to everyone involved in the organisation and the excellent marshalls. Those slurps of water were a life saver.

Thanks also to the various BG contenders I passed on the slog up to Green Gable, all looking strong, who gave me something more cheerful to think about than how much further I had to go at that point.

I'd like to add my thanks to the marshall, especially the guy at the top of Pillar who gave me the 'Rennies'!! I was going great until the start of the climb then got very bad trapped wind!! Managed 6hr 25ish and was very pleased with that as completion and under 7 hr was my basic goal. I think I could do it in 6hr though now? Maybe next year! Cheers again to all involved! Loved it!

DNFd - blisters by CP3 and I just considered how I would be by the end and thought better of it. It still took almost 2:30 to get back

I have to say though, the toughness of the terrain was something else - having done 2:30 of "running" not much of it can be described as runnable so I probably need to lower my sights a little and head for the likes of the Langdale Horseshoe and Three Shires.
    It was a huge step up even from Duddon and I think the times reflect that when you look at them.

I hope to be back though as I thoroughly enjoyed my time out there.

Thanks to the guys that put the race on and a big up to the Red Pike marshalls in particular for around 40 years of service!!!

Well done to my new acquaintances Andy and Martin from CLEM as well. Andy for coming 2nd, and Martin for managing to get lost twice in one day, once in the car and once in the race

Injured again, going over on ankle from mid week Blencathra race, was going to ennerdale to take photos of start of race but time got the better of me so i found myself having to change direction and headed for seathwaite. after walking up to Green Gable from sourmilk gill, i was ready for the first runner to climb Green Gable. I think i must have got photos of all runners as i sat on the slope, feel free to download any of the images that i add to picasa web albums it will take some time to add them all so keep checking back i can also forward the original file if you contact me and let me know which photos. https://picasaweb.google.com/112660024446587293959/EnnerdaleHorseshoeSat4thJune2011## it was a great day and the marshalls done a great job from were i was. here is a sample photo of the only person to sprint all the way up Green Gable Attachment 4820
    Last edited by Paul dobson; 06-06-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Some photos here http://www.justusuk.com/2011/06/enne...e-04-june.html.

Huge thanks to marshals and everyone else involved in making this race happen