Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Ennerdale Horseshoe

[QUOTE=Tindersticks;586823]That was bloody tough.../QUOTE]

Well done Darren. What's next up for thee…Kettlewell?

Thanks to Colin and all the marshals. Did not hear one word of dissent about the decision to change the route. I thought it was a good route, though personally I really do not like the track on the South of the lake.....bet I'm not the only one.

Unbelievably the weather is now.....

But right decision given the information, and I like many others was cold and wet coming along the last few Km. Imagine what it would have been like up top - with another hour.

Imagine what it would have been like for the marshals. Definitely the right decision.

Going to be touch and go whether it will make an A category though? Garmin gave me 34.3 Km with 1800m which gives 52m of climb per Km
    But by the time strava has had a go...34.3 km with only 1350 m. I have never trusted my garmin for climbing accuracy.

Thanks to the organisers, great race today considering and perfectly reasonable to reduce the risk to all involved.
    It was still tough though and the path along the lake was absolutely the best bit, passed loads!

Thanks to all the marshalls today, luckily weather wasn't as bad as forecast, not too cold anyway..

Was a really fun day and the route was good (apart from the awful road from the hostel to the lake...and me and Quinny loved the lakeside path...treacherous as you like!!

Must stand as an AL, organiser said it would at the start. I guess even if it technically ends up not qualifying, the decision announced at the start must trump it as, although unlikely, if there was a sniff of it not qualifying then some may have chosen to save their legs, not brave the weather, and decided to fight another day..

All in all a top day
    Always outnumbered, never outrun

[QUOTE=wharfeego;586830]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    That was bloody tough.../QUOTE]

Well done Darren. What's next up for thee…Kettlewell?
    Cheers mate, hopefully be at kettlewell.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Has anyone heard any news about Tom Gibbs, his knee was a right mess, hope he gets some good treatment and gets better soon, If you read this Tom here's wishing you a speedy recovery from me and Vic
    Darren Kay.
    Calder Valley

Hi all I have logged on at Tom to give you an update

Unfortunately x ray showed multiple fractures to his R knee cap so as it was an open fracture he is having to have emergency surgery tonight to wire it all back togeather!!

He asked me to pass on his thanks to all those who helped get him off the hill and to mountain rescue etc for their support - believe Chris Steele was on the call out!

I will keep you updated when I hear more

Astrid

Astrid, this is awful. Sending best wishes doesn't really help, I know, but I'm gutted for you both. xx
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

Banned
    Speedy recovery for Tom from Mr & Mrs Stagger, hope your OK too Astrid.

Am fine thanks stagger, struggled all the way back from black sail having seen mess Tom was in but he insisted I carry on. Finally back home and eaten something - realised eaten nowt but a couple of gels since 10.30 - might explain why I'm starving