Errrr shurely they aren't following the "Left legs in..."
    Safety issue I'm sure

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Just a reminder of what fell running is all about

IMG_4319_Nick Charlesworth
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr

At least to some of us this is what it's about
    Wharfee, Nice picture as ever. To be consistent Brett should be saying that this has nothing to do with ennerdale, but as we know from ennerdale , rule enforcement is very selective - or was it taken at ennerdale?

Obviously nothing to do with ennerdale - they are all fully clothed

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    Wharfee, Nice picture as ever. To be consistent Brett should be saying that this has nothing to do with ennerdale, but as we know from ennerdale , rule enforcement is very selective.

Kerrist - what has fellrunning come to?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Some facts from the approved minutes of FRA Ltd.

7th November

A Walmsley is present at the Directors Meeting which AGREES the final "safety requirements" content of the 2014 FRA Calendar.

8th December

A Walmsley is present at the meeting which AGREES (incorporating amendments suggested by A Walmsley) the FRA response to the Coroner.

15th January

A Walmsley resigns from the FRA Committee ie a significant time after he had agreed with the two key documents approved by the FRA Committee in November and December 2013.
    and how did the votes pan out?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Kerrist - what has fellrunning come to?
    Wouldn't know. Not a fell runner according to a man on our esteemed committee, said so a couple of weeks ago,
    An AL or BG leg Or more a week In training for most of last year doesn't count as a fellrunner apparently, it is all I can do on dodgy knees.

Just to avoid being off topic, ennerdale is the only route I have not done - too hard to get to, too far away.

Well if you don't know keep off the Ennerdale thread

Actually, think I'll stop posting

I've realised that Bate will always have the last word and I'm tired

But still happy to organise fell races

You must have been there Brett. You'r a committee man.

I think Graham's on about those minutes that the secretary had taken that got redacted by the Chair befor circulation isn't he?

I'm surprised he's opening up that can of worms again
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Some facts from the approved minutes of FRA Ltd.

7th November

A Walmsley is present at the Directors Meeting which AGREES the final "safety requirements" content of the 2014 FRA Calendar.

8th December

A Walmsley is present at the meeting which AGREES (incorporating amendments suggested by A Walmsley) the FRA response to the Coroner.

15th January

A Walmsley resigns from the FRA Committee ie a significant time after he had agreed with the two key documents approved by the FRA Committee in November and December 2013.
    we already know the minutes say what you want them to Graham, no more and no less, so what they say is irrelevant.

And we also know AW argued LIKE hell to keep rules under review ( refused) got agreement for that at Preston ( conveniently unminuted, his main objective) motioned for it again at kendal( you would not let the motion be heard or voted) , which is why we came in support, argued like hell against your letter, and only agreed grudgingly to inadequate changes because you said you would send it UNCHANGED if he did not agree, when the deadline was hours away...not weeks, and in any event you ruled out changing most of it.

The point was Andy figured the mess could not be put right on thetimescale of the book, so the only useful possibility left was keeping rules under review, which was also just sensible policy. You froze the, anyway.

Finally resigned because he could not support a committee statement on safety, when he is the safety professional, which says more about the committee regard for expertise than it does about him.

If you want to trade facts , trade facts. And post your unamended letter, let others judge whether they can " ensure safety" , as you demand. Let a real debate occur. Let people see the evidence on which that letter was based.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 18-06-2014 at 12:14 AM.