Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Ennerdale Horseshoe

Would agree with previous posts Ennerdale aint a race to enter if you havnt done anything similar would def have a go at TWA and Sailbeck also maybe Helvellyn if it isnt too near Ennerdale

Good points, but what I meant was - is there any specific training I could do on a weekly basis to improve on descending, and running over the really rocky ground? Bearing in mind that Leeds seems to be pretty flat? In general I am used to averagely rough stuff, it just seems to be the rocks that are the problem!

Get the bus out to Chenin and find some rocky slopes? Nice to bump into you today on Pillar. ( if you go for a run in Leeds try to take Chris with you, ha ha)

or get a train to ilkley moors plenty of rock to bounce on there one of the parks in leeds has got a good hill its been used for national cross country pretty good doing sprints on that rosie

Ennerdale is my next race and just checking the route etc.

Can someone advise locations of reliable drinking water if any?

Cheers

Ennerdale is my next race and just checking the route etc.

Can someone advise locations of reliable drinking water if any?

Cheers

I've only done it once a few years ago but I remember there being a good spring that flows into the back of Blackbeck tarn. It comes out 100m or so past the tarn and is pretty much en route to Green Gable.

There was a good link to some route notes which included water sources on post #22 of this thread but it doesn't seem to work any more. There isn't much past Blackbeck tarn though from what I remember. A couple of small streams a bit off route below Great Gable and Black Sail pass depending on the weather beforehand. I think the marshals might have carried some up to Pillar the year I did it too.

Was up there reccing the course late April only source was outflow of Blackbeck Tarn, couple stagnant pools before Pillar summit but you'd have to be desperate.
    I took 2.5L on reccy and was thirsty though it was a sunny day and had had 4 pints bitter night before.

water

Was up there reccing the course late April only source was outflow of Blackbeck Tarn, couple stagnant pools before Pillar summit but you'd have to be desperate.
    I took 2.5L on reccy and was thirsty though it was a sunny day and had had 4 pints bitter night before.

What a shame another low level route this year. Right decision. I saw 2 walkers being blown about 10 metres down Scarth gap pass. Thanks to organisers and marshals.