Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fell/Climbing shoes fashion???

Fell/Climbing shoes fashion???

Was on my home from work today, when I noticed a hot East European chick who'd been serving us at our xmas party on the other side of the street. Looking down at her feet I noticed she was wearing what appeared to be a pair of climbing shoes!!!

A few weeks back I spotted a lad out in our local nightclub wearing what appeared to be a pair of flat soled walshes.

Having bought a pair of xc spikes today from New Balance, they look quite 'cool & fashionable' as well.

Though not a supporter of fashion generally (more like the anti fashion), I was wondering if I started wearing my retired pairs of fell/xc/climbing shoes about town, would I be really hip & radical??

Better still, I could get all my worn out old shoes resoled & then sell them as the latest thing in fashion to guillible people (who pay more for the ungenuine article, than I do for the real thing!!) - that way I could fund my running & my biking!!

What's the next step?? Spd shoes on the clubbing scene???

(Actually that's a bit last season as last year I went out clubbing dressed in full biking lycra with SPD shoes on after having been out for a late training ride & arriving back too late to get changed & go out - therefore I just rode down to the club I work at, parked my lovely bike outside & persuaded the somewhat apprehensive bouncers to let me in as I was!! Warning SPD SL shoes are murder on the dancefloor, you slip all over the place in them!!!)!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Re: Fell/Climbing shoes fashio

fell runners fashionable? It'll never catch on!

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    fell runners fashionable? It'll never catch on!

Do you wear climbing shoes or walshes when you're about town OHW???
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Walshes are sold as fashion shoes in Italy. Apparently, the factory made some gold coloured ones for a fashion show.
    If you want some Paul Smith fashion shoes made by Walsh, get your bids in here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAUL-SMITH-RED...QQcmdZViewItem
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

well now you mention it I have some old salomons on today that I used to go trail running in

HEre's some climbing lookalike shoes...
    http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/zoom2.as...04217050m3.jpg

The ones the chick was wearing were even more like climbing shoes - the colours even looked like the off the shelf purpose designed ones I've seen!!

Is this part of a whole new fashion thing - the outdoors look is cool, but if you actually do it, then you're still somewhat 'naff', and the actual real items aren't that desirable!!!!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

I'm so naughty!!!!!!

I heard Innov8 Terrocs were 'THE' shoe to be seen in , in London. lol, what pretentious tossers.

I defy anyone to wear my old EB's for more than an hour without the aid of morphine.

Chris

Nike cross country spikes going for a tenner in Wynsors in Bacup (Wynsors is a low budget shoe shop, I don't know how many branches they have). Lots of other reasonably decent stuff you could run in. I'd have bought some but I'm no good at taking my money out of my pocket.