Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Tour of Pendle - 19th Oct

Re: Full Tour of Pendle - 19th

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia Kid View Post
    Emmi .... complaint,,,,,,,, you got me to come all the way to Pendle (race day not recce) last year with the promise of some cake and i never got any.
    I pulled my puddings out to get in front of Stolly in case he scoffed it all.Hmmph I felt deprived had to go for a lemonade and a packet of crisps with the Master and Amex instead.

Sorreeeeeee but in my defense I was a limping sobbing pony with a very poorly leg indeed I'll make it up to you this time round!

23miles due West of British West Hartlepool

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Sorreeeeeee but in my defense I was a limping sobbing pony with a very poorly leg indeed I'll make it up to you this time round!
    Righteeo then i shall make the trek South West yet again for the elusive cake , and I am liking any cake so no probs there,,,, cheers

Hope you clear the stile this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOST TIME IS NEVER FOUND AGAIN, WHAT WE CALL TIME ENOUGH ALWAYS PROVES LITTLE ENOUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia Kid View Post
    Righteeo then i shall make the trek South West yet again for the elusive cake , and I am liking any cake so no probs there,,,, cheers

Hope you clear the stile this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too - I've been practising the puissance in the paddock!

Had a trot round from Barley today, checkpoint 4 to the end. Very dry up there at the moment I am hoping I can make the 19th the promise of cake is tempting. I have perfected the art of stile clearing as well so could give you some tips !

Quote Originally Posted by Donkarlo View Post
    Had a trot round from Barley today, checkpoint 4 to the end. Very dry up there at the moment I am hoping I can make the 19th the promise of cake is tempting. I have perfected the art of stile clearing as well so could give you some tips !
    Any tips appreciated!

Yes it is dry up there at the moment - I'm sure it won't last!

bugger, i'll have to drop out of this now, i have a christening to go to , my great nephew's, i had completley forgotten and was only reminded last night, was looking forward to this recce!

can i come along on the 19th please. entered the race ages ago. was my first race last year and i came in next to last but that was with no training. if I cant keep up then just leave me to die on a fell. and i will then sneak back and eat all the cakes. please remind me what time and is it from the race carpark. I dont bake so will Mr Kiplings do?
    forgot to mention that i fly back from Turkey the night before so will be full of lager. fly out this Saturday. yippee
    Last edited by Man from Del Monte; 30-09-2008 at 12:06 AM. Reason: forgot something

Of course you can come!

Think we are aiming for a 9am start from barley car park - usually gives us chance before the ramblers start then noone can catch us 'runners' having a little walking break!!

See you there - enjoy Turkey!

Not too worry Darth, sorry you double booked but there'll be other cake fests!

Quote Originally Posted by Man from Del Monte View Post
    can i come along on the 19th please. entered the race ages ago. was my first race last year and i came in next to last but that was with no training. if I cant keep up then just leave me to die on a fell. and i will then sneak back and eat all the cakes. please remind me what time and is it from the race carpark. I dont bake so will Mr Kiplings do?
    forgot to mention that i fly back from Turkey the night before so will be full of lager. fly out this Saturday. yippee
    Del Monte I was chatting with you at the finish line in Dent on Saturday. Because the FToP race route effectively draws an 8 pointed star over Pendle Hill its a doddle of a route to choose to give up the ghost on , with Barley not too much of a stagger away where ever you stop.... although the foot of Big End isn't recommended.

Can I take a roll call for this one guys? Not only as I'll need to know what size cake to bake but if everyone suddenly has other plans then I don't fancy a trot round on my own in case I bust my ankle again

Talking of which after yesterdays effort at Wingathererer I'm resting it this week so will do the half tour route and may well drop back to the car after the drop off gerronimo and wait for the rest to finish.............

OR if it's the 2nd half people are needing/wanting to do we could just do that and miss the first half?

Anyway let's see who's up for going still and we'll take it from there