Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulls

Re: Bulls

As has already been said, cows are the worst. There seams to be more of them and when moody are very territorial. The expression moody cow seems factually correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Cows? Bulls? Calves? They're all pussycats. In a field in Castleford on Tuesday night I had to run past a Rottweiller which the owner had chosen to let off its leash. It was the size of a bull too but I'm guessing it had recently eaten another runner as it just let me off with a (from the socks up) growl!

The only animals that have ever harassed me are dogs.
    Some years ago in wilde Wales, running outside a pine forest, I saw 30 or 40 hounds milling around and howling on the other side of the fence - obviously a hunt of some kind. I could see no humans anywhere. Having first sh...d myself, I walked slowly out of view of the dogs, got into a forest ride and proceeded to exercise my legs in a manner Linford Christie would have been envious of. A little while later, having almost burst my lungs, I looked back and saw the hounds following the same forest ride some distance behind. Although they did not appear to be interested in me, I carried on sprinting until I was clear of the forest.
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Some years ago in wilde Wales, running outside a pine forest,
    Yiannis
    There used to be a foot hunt based somewhere around Aberglaslyn/Beddgelert region, saw them a few times while out around cwm bychan or nantlle ridge. Awesome to watch. Always worried about them attacking our dogs but they ran past like machines, didn't even look up. The guy coming behind said they are so automated on the chase they are fine. Not seen them for a good few years so maybe it all got disbanded?

Talking Re: Bulls

As I said to Marwood aka "I", "Just run at it shouting!"

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    the bulls are only bothered about eating and sleeping,
    bulls also like sex
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    bulls also like sex
    and are equally not fussy

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    it's the female of the species you want to worry about
    Always the way!

In a previous long run I tried 2 different methods.

The first was cow whispering - walking (very slowly/softly) along, arms in a crucifix position, and turning round when they were getting too close, and 'shhhhing' them. Had to do this all the way to the stile.

Because this was sooo slow, in a later field when faced with the same problem, I just legged it. Lord alive those cows are faster than they look! I made it to the stile before they ripped me apart with their fangs (or whatever angry lady cows do to you) and turned around to see a herd of cows peel away at full pelt like a Spitfire squadron. All at the last minute, otherwise they would have followed me through the dry stone wall (which all of a sudden didn't look as solid as it did before).

Very scary. Never looked at a cow the same way since. Laughing cow? Yeah right: laughing as it plots a new and ingenious way of taking out another fell runner!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

There's often a bull in a field on one of my regular training routes. It always has its harem of cows with it and has a sexually satisfied smirk on its face. One of its favourite tricks is to lie across the path nonchalantly licking its testicles. I think it does this just to make us mere humans feel inferior - not only can it perform this impressive trick but also its testicles are the size of a couple of rugby balls.

Smile Re: Bullsh1t

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    On one of my runs I pass through a field of frisky bullocks and then enter another field with cows and their calves plus the worlds’ largest bull!
    Now I’m on public footpaths so the farmer must assume people will pass through the field
    So my question is can I assume that the bull is harmless as the farmer, by law, cannot put a dangerous bull in a field with a public footpath. OR should I take a massive diversion as the farmer can do as he likes and there is no such law.
    To be honest the most scary farm animals I did meet were the two rams in the field with the bullocks. The bullocks all scattered but the rams adamantly refused to get out of my way!
    You're in more danger from humans than from animals in the countryside.
    Regards,

Max.
    "Do as little as needed not as much as possible" - Henk Kraayenhof.

Never be afraid to take a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbut a lad View Post
    There's often a bull in a field on one of my regular training routes. It always has its harem of cows with it and has a sexually satisfied smirk on its face. One of its favourite tricks is to lie across the path nonchalantly licking its testicles. I think it does this just to make us mere humans feel inferior - not only can it perform this impressive trick but also its testicles are the size of a couple of rugby balls.
    all the easier to kick em!