Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulls

Feet in the Cowclaps

Re: Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Withnail View Post
    As I said to Marwood aka "I", "Just run at it shouting!"
    Outvibe it!

Me and Fell Top Teddy have been chased by a cow with a calf, a bull and a bullock this year

you're all talkin a load o' bull!

We were out running in South Yorkshire and two of the party were about 100 yards in front, we entered this field containing a load of bullocks who set off chasing the lead runners and we could see the beasts were gathering speed and gaining on the runners. We shouted a warning and the lads sprinted to a stile in a stonewall at the corner of the field - the other edge to the corner being a triple barbed wire fence - we were horrifed to see the bullocks completely smash down the fence and charge down the next field where a busy road ran across the bottom. We envisaged carnage if the bullocks strayed onto the road but fortunately they swerved at the last minute. Certainly set the pulses racing that day!

Quote Originally Posted by nobbut a lad View Post
    There's often a bull in a field on one of my regular training routes. It always has its harem of cows with it and has a sexually satisfied smirk on its face. One of its favourite tricks is to lie across the path nonchalantly licking its testicles. I think it does this just to make us mere humans feel inferior - not only can it perform this impressive trick but also its testicles are the size of a couple of rugby balls.
    Nice one! I couldn’t stop chuckling last night. The wife thought I was going mad. And then, I had to explain to her that no self respecting bull, displaying himself to passing fellrunners, would even attempt to lick his testicles. Bound up by a few hundred kilos of solid muscle, he would have no hope of licking his belly button never mind his testicles!
    Yiannis

Not even if he was very flexibull?
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Maybe he does bullates?
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Love this thread cos I thought I was the only one in the whole world who has hugged the stone wall; planned an escape over a nearby fence; changed route completely; considered coming down through the field rather than the usual route up thereby using gravity to assist a safe passage if needed.

I have become obsessed about the under carriage of cows trying to identify which one looks friendly. I wonder if the Ponies have the same trouble. Guess they could always jump the fence!

Baaarby's Mum

Some of the fields and open fells around these here parts have got these guys roaming around in them:

Initially they scared me, particularly running through a group of them up close, because they have such huge and threatening horns. Having now got to know them though, they have to be the most placid and chilled out cows going .

Mind you I'm fairly sure I haven't yet met a bull version and that could be a whole different kettle of fish.

I remember last year near the end of the HP40 just before Deepdale i think the field was full of frisky bullocks, I just come off a long fastish section and started to climb the stiles in to the field. I though try and make my self big and just keep moving just then ARRRGGGGG full leg cramp and then in the other leg. I could barely stand as the bullocks headed in my direction, I looked around for another competitor who might be able to help......no one in sight so i some how swung one stiff-cramped out leg then the other in a sort of quasimodo style lurch in an attempt to get to the other side of the field. I'm sure the bullocks thought I was crazy as they slowed down and started to move away but kept a wary eye on me . plenty of relief when I got to the other side.
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 27-09-2008 at 09:43 AM.