Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bulls

Talking Re: Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    I go from running a shufflingly slow 12mm to 5mm when running through fields of cows they petrify me

Echo Hopey' and co's comments about running with the dog and yes the theory is to let the dog off the lead as the cow will instictively run for the dog not you, your kind of buggered though if the dogs well trained and runs to heel

Not always possible to go the long way round though and I've no idea about the laws governing cows/bulls etc but again im my experience the bulls are only bothered about eating and sleeping, it's the female of the species you want to worry about
    it's the female of the species you want to worry about

This is true for humans also Emm?
    Still too heavy to run

Re: Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Baaarby View Post
    I have become obsessed about the under carriage of cows trying to identify which one looks friendly.
    If it is not one thing then it is an udder..
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Baz View Post
    it's the female of the species you want to worry about

This is true for humans also Emm?
    well it's all in the handling Baz!

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    well it's all in the handling Baz!
    You need to take the bull by the horns, Baz.

Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by ydt View Post
    Nice one! I couldn’t stop chuckling last night. The wife thought I was going mad. And then, I had to explain to her that no self respecting bull, displaying himself to passing fellrunners, would even attempt to lick his testicles. Bound up by a few hundred kilos of solid muscle, he would have no hope of licking his belly button never mind his testicles!
    Yiannis
    By this yardstick, a less muscle bound and more 'flexibull' cow would become a self perpetuating feeding system - sucking on its own udders!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    By this yardstick, a less muscle bound and more 'flexibull' cow would become a self perpetuating feeding system - sucking on its own udders!
    Amazing!
    For the scientifically minded, this will contravene the second law of thermodynamics!
    Yiannis
    Last edited by ydt; 29-09-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: error

Fellrunnning contravenes the second law of thermodynamics
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

I love runnin or walking trough fields of cows and bulls, because they apinic if you want to get past you so leg it - Bit dangerous if theres loads of em and stampeed in your direction but once you've got past them they always seem to follow you and wonder what the hell your doing.
    And i agree with who ever it was about the rams, they aint half stuborn gits.

Oh and i know of a farmer who used to farm beef cattle, he would go in the field twice a day to check on them/feed. One day his bull turned on him trapping him in the corner of the field and impailed him on its horns.

Generally they are more scared than you, so shout at it!.....and dont leg it if you can help it or you tempt it to chase you. Just stand your ground!

FellMonster

Ironically I got charged at by an overprotective mother on sunday.....she came within 10ft of spearing me as I played dodge the angry bull......I didn't have adog with either.....I just must have appeared imposing.

I also got scared by a windfarm turbine and mist so came home early

Quote Originally Posted by FellMonster View Post
    Ironically I got charged at by an overprotective mother on sunday.....she came within 10ft of spearing me as I played dodge the angry bull......I didn't have adog with either.....I just must have appeared imposing.

I also got scared by a windfarm turbine and mist so came home early
    hmm think safety in numbers fellmonster yee def need to run with another pony,

if you have ever seen pony pudge near a cow, calf or bull you will know he can do a 200 yard sprint in less than 22.3 hoofs