Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derwentwater Trail Race

Derwentwater Trail Race

I was a bit miffed to be offered no compensation of any sort when this race was cancelled at the last minute due to the tent half blowing down in the night.
    Wondered what other members thought about this - am i being tight?
    £18 is quite a lot for an off road race (albeit a great course). Im sure there was a good profit margin in this. The race is organised by a PLC vo2Max - not a club or a charity.
    Im not desperate for the cash but there is a principle here surely? or should I just shut up and go out for a run (in the rain) ?

Andy

Re: Derwentwater Trail Race

Quote Originally Posted by discochesney View Post
    I was a bit miffed to be offered no compensation of any sort when this race was cancelled at the last minute due to the tent half blowing down in the night.
    Wondered what other members thought about this - am i being tight?
    £18 is quite a lot for an off road race (albeit a great course). Im sure there was a good profit margin in this. The race is organised by a PLC vo2Max - not a club or a charity.
    Im not desperate for the cash but there is a principle here surely? or should I just shut up and go out for a run (in the rain) ?

Andy
    They fill up ridiculously quickly this series - have they offered you guaranteed entry for next year - providing you still want to do it?!

Why did they cancel? Was it cancelled on the day - not that it makes any difference just curious although I imagine if it was cancelled on the day those that had travelled up/paid for accomodation etc would be a little bit miffed.

Looks like it was a tough decision to make but every credit to him and the team for trying to make the knock on effect ripples as small as possible.

Andy yes I can understand your dissapointment I'm not sure what the profit margin is on these races but I imagine after all costs there is little really??

hope you get to do it next year.

Its fair to say there a a lot of annoyed people on the Runners World forum who are saying much the same, its not a charity and there should be at least a partial refund.

However, if you look at the small print in most race entry forms it says there will be no refund in the event of a cancellation that is beyond the organisors control.

Was I the only one who got the e-mail this week detailing entry for next year plus £10 discount, or did I dream this?

They are well organised events. Full marks to Graham and Claire the directors of Vo2 Max. They have made something big here and took all the problems on board at Derwentwater ready for this weekends race. If the Great North Run got cancelled this weekend I dont think you will be getting a refund somehow.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Thanks for your feedback, maybe this was a communication problem as I and many others heard nothing of a discount for next year for £10 (and ive had no reply to emails) - this is fine, to be honest if it was a discount for £1 so would that - it is a simple positive gesture.

Emilou : Yes I would like to do this one, I pottered around the course in the rain and its a stunner, even in the rain - would recommend!

Anyone got any results from yesterdays race at Coniston? Not very quick at putting results on their site!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

15k race cancelled due to shocking weather. Two laps of flatter 5k course instead. It was still a race but it was one mass start of all race and challenge entrants. Very congested (in the middle of the pack for me anyway) and obviously very wet and boggy due to torrential rain. Better than a total cancellation I suppose but not worth the long journey for me.

Haven't seen the results yet - assuming there will be some....

Awesome!

So if it IS true that it costs £25 to enter, that works out at £2.50 per km....

Bargain.
    Why walk when you can run.