Thread: overtook a world champion....

overtook a world champion....

Just overtook a world champion Madison rider (& a commonwealth gold medalist) who was out on a training ride this morning when I was on my bike (& I was dressed in my work clothes lol)!!

Was cycling to work, when I came upon a bunch of riders stopped at the traffic lights I had to wait for the lights to change, so waited at the back of the riders. I noticed one of them had a Pink TMobile jumper on, there seemed something a bit familiar about his face, but as he had shades & helmet on I couldn't place him - I thought, it's probably just one of those people in the imitation kit - bit like the team diso lot & the IOM is a small place. Shouted Hi to the bunch, they were quite friendly.

As I was late for work I nailed it past the bunch as hard as I could. Arrived at my work, locked up the bike, then suddenly it hit me that it wasn't a 'fake' T Mobile rider, it was a real team member!!! I think you all know who I'm refering to!!!

That'll be one to tell the kids eh???
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Re: overtook a world champion.

I can just imagine you cycling in your work clothes allan - you work in a night club dont you - I'm sorry but the image is of you in a white john travolta suit, black shirt open to the waist - overtaking the world champ!

Quote Originally Posted by AllanT View Post

That'll be one to tell the kids eh???

how many have you know got?? last i heard they could start a new aT mobile team just from your offspring?

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    I can just imagine you cycling in your work clothes allan - you work in a night club dont you - I'm sorry but the image is of you in a white john travolta suit, black shirt open to the waist - overtaking the world champ!

ROFPMSLMAO!!!

Well not quite, just black trousers & a red Bacardi t shirt, with the rest of my stuff in a rucksack!!!

Miind you one of those white jumpsuits with the rhino stones on it would definitely be hight viz!!! I couldn't imagine the motorists missing you either!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    how many have you know got?? last i heard they could start a new aT mobile team just from your offspring?

None now, I sent them all off down the treacle mines to make money. Unfortunately in a tragic accident at the nearby egg quarries mean the mines were flooded & they all drowned!!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!