Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fan Fawr mystery

Fan Fawr mystery

Mystery surrounds the identity of a lady fellrunner from Chepstow who turned up on the start line for Fan Fawr today and proceeded to win the lady's race. She disappeared before the prize-giving so 1. I don't know her name to go in the results and 2. her bottle of wine is now being drunk by second placed Helen Bennett
    So if anyone knows her name can you let me know.
    My thanks to a diseased Wheeze who rose Lazarus like from his pit to help with the organisation and call in the numbers and times and also to Kay Lucas who was summit marshall in utterly foul conditions. I've just wrung out the results so they probably bear no relation to the actual finishing order and posted them at www.wfra.org.uk
    If anyone wants the results mailed to them please let me know. Full report to follow.
    Steam Bunny Productions 2008

Re: Fan Fawr mystery

oww toffer! - you got me there ! i cant believe you didnt recognise me!

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    Wot
    We need to talk

Chepstow...??? Hmm...well, a good try DS, but then again if it were a bottle of wine going I don't think Toffer's going to believe you wouldn't have hung around a bit...
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Chepstow...??? Hmm...well, a good try DS, but then again if it were a bottle of wine going I don't think Toffer's going to believe you wouldn't have hung around a bit...
    Exactly...

i cant believe you think i'm only in it for the alcoholic prizes.

i cant believe you think i'm only in it for the alcoholic prizes.
    Of course not...!

...we know you like the chocolate too...
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

This reminds me of PlumBums tightwad who wanted a previous race entry fee (place not taken up) to be carried over to this years race...there's nowt so queer as folk.
    There we were, 1 minute before the 2 pm kick off, Toffers mouth open to commence the briefing to the 34 shivering idiots clinging to the sheep fence when this lass pitches up, clutching her £1 coin and asking if she can race...well, churlish not to let her. So Toff takes the money, tells her her race number (the felt tip pen was back in the car and in any case would not have worked on her rain-sodden hands) and asks her to provide all her details at the end of the race. This is, after all, our beloved low-key and friendly South Wales Winter League curtain raiser.

18 minutes later and the field emerges out of the curtains of rain, calling their numbers out like good sheep and this lass is right up there....a good position and first lady to boot. She crosses the finish line and....well thats it. No one sees her again. No effort to provide details, no waiting around to claim her prize. It was like the race was crammed into a schedule so tightly packed that not one nanosecond was wasted. Very odd and a little bit sad. Where is the savouring of victory? The shared camaraderie of beating the odds of meterological calumny and adverse inclination??

It really does take all sorts. Hats off to the rest of ya...'twas a horrid day!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Now Wheeze give the poor woman a break- maybe she was just shy! Or perhaps your dodgy 'tache scared her off?

Well, as most of my Selleck-like visage was hidden by a hood-up Berghaus coat, it can't be that! Perhaps it was the sight of a strange umbrella-like creature huddled on the floor that put the willies up her?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth