Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I cant run

I cant run

After taking the pi$$ out of my mate Jamie and his injury,i have finally come a cropper!

Last week i was trotting along when i felt a pain on the outside of my left knee running down my shin,i managed to finish the run ok,but afterwards it gave some pain and was difficult walking.

Had a few days off and yesterday went for my usual 9 miler over winter hill. About 6 miles in i had to contour right along the side of a gentle gradient and once again the stress seems to have aggravated the injury again.

I had to walk for about an hour very stiff legged and then get the mrs to pick me up at scout road.

If i stand straight and try to extend my left leg to the side it is very painfull, indeed any movement sends pain down the left side of my leg.

What have i done?

How might i fix it?

What am i going to do now i cant run??????????????????????
    Still too heavy to run

Re: I cant run

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Baz View Post
    After taking the pi$$ out of my mate Jamie and his injury,i have finally come a cropper!

Last week i was trotting along when i felt a pain on the outside of my left knee running down my shin,i managed to finish the run ok,but afterwards it gave some pain and was difficult walking.

Had a few days off and yesterday went for my usual 9 miler over winter hill. About 6 miles in i had to contour right along the side of a gentle gradient and once again the stress seems to have aggravated the injury again.

I had to walk for about an hour very stiff legged and then get the mrs to pick me up at scout road.

If i stand straight and try to extend my left leg to the side it is very painfull, indeed any movement sends pain down the left side of my leg.

What have i done?

How might i fix it?

What am i going to do now i cant run??????????????????????
    You could ask Jamie for some support and compassion but I can't see you getting any!

I hope you are back on your feet soon.

Take it easy Baz, i've injured me knee and ribs at work so off for a steady bike ride today.
    Get well soon
    Hills and Guinness!

Since starting 4 years ago as an 18 stone monster,i have never been injured.

I feel bloody depressed-im trying to walk properly,but my leg seems to want to rotate left slightly before i can move it forward,if i try and keep my foot facing forwards and walk normally,it bloody hurts!

Still too heavy to run

@roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Baz..........more info needed for a forum diagnosis methinks!
    Where does the pain start/go to/stop?
    Is it there all the time or just when you're standing on the leg?

Could it be peroneal tendonitis (which, I think, had a thread of its own a while back)that affects the muscles along the outer border of the lower leg where they travel down, before taking a detour around your ankle bone ("lateral malleolus" in the geek speak).
    http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...islocation.htm

No-ive established now that the pain is at the left hand side of me kneecap-i think it is a ligament? If i put slight pressure on it with my finger i can find the the point-i think it is where my ligament is joined to the bone.
    Still too heavy to run

Super Moderator

Baz, don't mess about if it's bad, go and see a physio asap. I spend 6-8weeks icing and resting a knee problem this summer that really needed physio. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Baz, don't mess about if it's bad, go and see a physio asap. I spend 6-8weeks icing and resting a knee problem this summer that really needed physio. Good luck!!
    Thanks mate-its just that i think i did it last week,but ive run since then with no problems until yesterday.
    Still too heavy to run

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Sound advice, I messed about with an abductor strain injury for over two months last year...finally saw a great physio in Rochdale and she had me back running in within two weeks....I should of gone sooner....
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.