Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Cumbrian Traverse

I have taken over as completions recorder for the Cumbrian Traverse. If you successfully completed the traverse anytime between 2012 and today, please let me know on [email protected] and I will add you to the list. I'd be grateful for basic details such as orientation (S - N or N - S), finishing time, summit timings, conditions, your age on the day - anything you think relevant.

It will probably take me some time to rebuild a meaningful Completions List, but I'll give it my best shot. It's my plan to forward bi-annual updates to Tony so he can update his GoFar website.

Martyn
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I have taken over as completions recorder for the Cumbrian Traverse. If you successfully completed the traverse anytime between 2012 and today, please let me know on [email protected] and I will add you to the list. I'd be grateful for basic details such as orientation (S - N or N - S), finishing time, summit timings, conditions, your age on the day - anything you think relevant.

It will probably take me some time to rebuild a meaningful Completions List, but I'll give it my best shot. It's my plan to forward bi-annual updates to Tony so he can update his GoFar website.

Martyn
    I expect that several of you will have read Martin's column in the latest Fellrunner and seen that I have taken over as the Cumbrian Traverse recorder. I've had a number of successful contenders get in touch with me and I'm very grateful, however I would like to build as complete a picture as possible and to that end am missing quite a lot of relevant information. If you completed a traverse prior to 2012 and the fact was captured on the last update, I would still be grateful if you could get in touch and give me the basics such as S - N or N - S, finishing time and summit timings etc.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

The Cumbrian Traverse completers list as of 31 May 2018 is now on the Go Far website at http://www.gofar.org.uk/CumbrianTraverse.html

It's already out of date because Paul Calderbank (Ilkley Harriers) and Steve Rhodes (Hyde Park Harriers) completed the traverse S - N on 1st June, well done to both!
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

The Cumbrian Traverse completers list as of 31 May 2018 is now on the Go Far website at http://www.gofar.org.uk/CumbrianTraverse.html

It's already out of date because Paul Calderbank (Ilkley Harriers) and Steve Rhodes (Hyde Park Harriers) completed the traverse S - N on 1st June, well done to both!
    A Tranter round and a Cumbrian Traverse in the same week for Steve! I wonder if that is an obscure first?
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Super Moderator
    Statto!

Well done Paul and Steve!

sounds like the sort of thing you and the wonderful Mrs DinoF would do!
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    A Tranter round and a Cumbrian Traverse in the same week for Steve! I wonder if that is an obscure first?

Myself and Mrs P finally cracked the CT yesterday, scorching hot out on the fells and very dry. Saw lots of Saunders competitors up around Esk Hause and a couple of BG attempts. A great day.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Myself and Mrs P finally cracked the CT yesterday, scorching hot out on the fells and very dry. Saw lots of Saunders competitors up around Esk Hause and a couple of BG attempts. A great day.
    Ah - that was you I had a quick chat with on the way down from Esk Hause then. I had assumed you were on the SLMM and was quietly marvelling how small your rucksacks were, until you told me you were doing the CT!!
    Well done on the CT completion in very hot weather. :-)
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Hi there.

Hope to do the Cumbrian Traverse this weekend. Know the area pretty well from Bow fell, but would ideally like a gpx file as back up. I read here that you had one.
    If you still have it could you send it to me?
    Thank you