Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Reading

Thumbs up Good Reading

who recommends what in the reading dept?

feet in the clouds is a very dangerous book, for avoiding ultras don't read 'running through the wall' which is a book of tales of american ultra races.
    what else is a good don't read this as it might encourage sillyness in the fells!
    Short arms and deep pockets. A yorkshire man.

Re: Good Reading

For an every day story of stage 4 testicular cancer, unlikely survival, followed by miraculous recovery, a family and athletic success, Lance Armstrong's book is worth a go.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

Quote Originally Posted by haworth hobbler View Post
    what else is a good don't read this as it might encourage sillyness in the fells!
    Try to avoid "Against the Wall" (Simon Yates) just before you go bouldering or near any crags
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

I thought this thread was about how well the Biscuitmen were doing. Reading the book "happiness - lessons from a new science" to try and understand the meaning of life.Makes you think about your motivation for a lot of things, especially work/life balance.

I've just finished "Paul Tergat - Running to the limit" and "Run to win - the training secrets of the kenyan runners", both of Jurg Wirz. I liked the first , not the other. But my favourite sport book is still Armstrong's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    I've just finished "Paul Tergat - Running to the limit" and "Run to win - the training secrets of the kenyan runners", both of Jurg Wirz. I liked the first , not the other. But my favourite sport book is still Armstrong's.
    Mike Cudahy's 'Wild trails to far horizons' chronicles his ultra-runnig feats over a number of years, Hugh Symonds 'Running high' is about his amazing non stop run over all of the Uks 3000m peaks, theres a couple of books about epic running traverses of the himalayas, lots of lots of reading infact.

Robgrillo wrote a piece in the fellrunner about 12 months back about all the fell running literature - since the various forumites such as xrunner have added to that list.
    PINK IS THE FUTURE

Quote Originally Posted by lavender lenor View Post
    Mike Cudahy's 'Wild trails to far horizons' chronicles his ultra-runnig feats over a number of years, Hugh Symonds 'Running high' is about his amazing non stop run over all of the Uks 3000m peaks, theres a couple of books about epic running traverses of the himalayas, lots of lots of reading infact.

Robgrillo wrote a piece in the fellrunner about 12 months back about all the fell running literature - since the various forumites such as xrunner have added to that list.
    I very much certainly did. There is my own book, complete with typos, that is a damn fine read. A writer from Haworth who hasn't written about the Bronte sisters - unheard of !!
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Master and MR

if your into cycling theres lots of good books

put me back on my bike, tom simpson
    one more kilometere and we are in the showers
    just look on amazon

running wise i dont come across to many

david

Quote Originally Posted by Brummy John View Post
    For an every day story of stage 4 testicular cancer, unlikely survival, followed by miraculous recovery, a family and athletic success, Lance Armstrong's book is worth a go.
    I've just got a copy of this from my favourite bookshop (Oxfam). I hope it's not as depressing as the book on Marco Pantani I read recently.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender lenor View Post
    the Uks 3000m peaks
    not many, unfortunately.