Clearly a tough decision for the committee to make and they have done well to arrange a substitute at event at such short notice.

It's a real shame that the final race at Wasdale was cancelled. I can not think of a tougher and more fitting short fell race with which to decide the chamopionship. The battle between Alistair and Ted on the slopes of Kirkfell, with the title at stake, would have been a pleasure to watch.

But that's not to be, and so it will be decided at what will be a longer version of the BOFRA race at Cracoe run earlier in the summer.

Again, well done to the committee for arranging the substitute event, it's just a shame the race at Cracoe won't really mirror the course challenges posed by the Wasdale race.
I'm sure the committee tried their best to find a race which mirrored the Wasdale event.

Ideally, and I'm sure the BOFRA committee tried to arrange something similar, I would have liked to have seen the final race run in the Lakes, perhaps from Consiton, where the BOFRA Coniston Gullies race is staged.
To try and mirror the senior race at Wasdale, runners could have ascended the Gullies then continued towards the top of Wetherlam and back the same way. Or, race to the top of Old Man and back.
Maybe it could have been held the weekend of Sat 25/26. The event this Sunday will clash with the FRA relays.

Just to be clear, I am in no way criticising the committee, who have once again done a bloody excellent job all season long.