Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Runners in the South East?

Re: Runners in the South East?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    By the way any of you South East based runners I am organising the Frieth Hilly 10k this Sunday 10am in Frieth between Marlow and Henley. Obviously not a fell race but in the southern Chiltern Hills and there is entry on the day.
    I did think about doing this one on Sunday as I only live round the corner. No offence - it does look like a great event (and I don't want to open up the debate about race fees again) but I have to say I was put off by the £15 entry on the day cost. I appreciate its a bit cheaper if you pre-enter, but I only found out about it this week and it seems a lot of money for a short race.....

Stumpy the attached entry fee is £10. We made it £15 on the day as its our first race and we have got enough to do to make sure it passes off smoothly so wanted to encourage pre entry. We also didn't want to be in a position where we needed loads of change at the pre entry desk with runners not having the correct entry fee.

The entry fee is good value as every runner will get a t-shirt, a medal, an energy bar and a bottle of powerade. We have prizes for the first 3 males and females, and the first vet from both sexes in V40, V50 and V60.

All monies raised will go to the local school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    Stumpy the attached entry fee is £10. We made it £15 on the day as its our first race and we have got enough to do to make sure it passes off smoothly so wanted to encourage pre entry. We also didn't want to be in a position where we needed loads of change at the pre entry desk with runners not having the correct entry fee.

The entry fee is good value as every runner will get a t-shirt, a medal, an energy bar and a bottle of powerade. We have prizes for the first 3 males and females, and the first vet from both sexes in V40, V50 and V60.

All monies raised will go to the local school.
    All fair enough I suppose - I guess I'm just naturally miserly! I might see you on the day, but either way hope the race is a success!

I've always thought that we don't have enough off-road events locally gicen the qaulity of the running in the area anyway - I'd have definitely pre-entered if I'd found out about it earlier.

Stump, if you run come and say hello. I will be doing the pre race instructions and on the microphone welcoming everyone back up the hill.

Been marking the course out all day, even the most navigationally challenged can't get lost with all the marshals, arrows and tape we've got out!!